My thoughts about carrying a military for a while

Steve Ketchen made them for me, the guys a craftsman, I love this thing.
Nuts for the clip screws are recessed inside the scales, Kirinite on a layer of black G10. I don't want a lanyard tube so a spacer for one of the clip screws is in there instead. Torx screws are T8 on scales and T15

Great job on this s90v mod and scales you have done. Stunning to say the least. I'm a huge Spyderco Military fan as well and own and use many in my daily carry. Love this design and knife in my life!

Pile up :)

17266252_1189071301191395_5609504176527638528_n.jpg

Thanks dtoad, wow you sure are Militarized. Impressive! That fluted ti looks a light blue in that pic is it anodized? Pretty keen on a ti frame lock Military myself. One day...

Bandana?
Plz explain?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

I fold a bandana, I basically put it in the middle fold, fold it over the bandana with the knife. it basically makes a pocket sheath for it. it stays upright in my back pocket this way.

5V0Hf28.jpg

hZS8vrw.jpg

Thanks dtoad, wow you sure are Militarized. Impressive! That fluted ti looks a light blue in that pic is it anodized? Pretty keen on a ti frame lock Military myself. One day...

Yes that is one of the gen2 (2012 electrified anodized blue) versions. Thanks for the reply, and yes agree on the TI frame lock as well. Such a great knife for the $ IMO.....

17077437_1760118567638124_4729604491567955968_n.jpg

Reactions: P2P
It's 10 years now since my primary EDC is a Millie and I never looked back :)

The Military is my favorite liner lock knife by a long shot, and one of the best folders out there. It's big, but IMO carries 'small'. Kind of hard to explain. Try as I might, after some years I've never been able to 'bond' yet with my PM2. I don't know why. I'm not a big guy, and I don't have particularly large hands (I'm 5'9" or 5'10" and about 165 pounds). The Millie is one of the most comfortable knives to carry and use, and it's one of the best cutters in a large folder. I am careful with the blade's thin tip, though. And even though the PM2 has the 'better' lock, the Millie's liner lock feels more intuitive to me. I can't say that I EDC my Millies (I own 3 Millies and one PM2), but I occasionally opt for one of them as my main carry knife on certain days.

Jim

I carry one frequently and prefer the deeper ride. Like this combo, protect yourself :)

17663705_457637297901297_2115829928007041024_n.jpg

Damn! The M4 Jade exclusive is dropping in 72hrs. I just spent money on another knife Saturday.

With luck it won't sell out like the PM2 did in 4 days. Next payday in two weeks. Ugh....

It all depends on what price they drop it at. I would be surprised if they sell out before your next payday. Knifeworks is still trying to move their 204P Military and they have even had it on sale for $169 a couple of times. I want this one real bad but I am not sweating it being the frenzy that the Para2 was. Besides the 204P option there is also the BBS M390 as well as the S110V available. There are too many options available in stainless super steels in the Military at this time for a non stainless tool steel in a polarizing color to fly off the shelves. You can grab a S110V for $175 which is stiff competition for any sprint or exclusive.

Disclaimer; I predicted that the Jade M4 Para2 would take a month to sell out and it took a day. I could be wrong. I think pricing is gonna be a big factor.

One way or another this one will be mine!

It all depends on what price they drop it at. I would be surprised if they sell out before your next payday. Knifeworks is still trying to move their 204P Military and they have even had it on sale for $169 a couple of times. I want this one real bad but I am not sweating it being the frenzy that the Para2 was. Besides the 204P option there is also the BBS M390 as well as the S110V available. There are too many options available in stainless super steels in the Military at this time for a non stainless tool steel in a polarizing color to fly off the shelves. You can grab a S110V for $175 which is stiff competition for any sprint or exclusive.

Disclaimer; I predicted that the Jade M4 Para2 would take a month to sell out and it took a day. I could be wrong. I think pricing is gonna be a big factor.

One way or another this one will be mine!

$199 is the last I heard. I'm paying whatever it is but I think alot of people will pass. I hope the aftermarket parasites pass on scamming three or more on this exclusive.

Anyways the Military has devotees not fanatics like the PM2. By the way the M4 PM2 lasted about four days due to cancelations and inventory glitches from their server crashing. I remember Blade HQ showing available the third day. Only a couple of hours though.

The damn scalpers were selling them in the Exchange before they even got them in the mail.

I have to admit the Military just leaves me cold. A lot like big animated GIF's in peoples signatures.

the one knife I always have on me is the millie. I take all the clips off of em, and I carry in a bandana in my back pocket. so the whole tip up/down discussion doesn't matter to me. Currently carrying my Cruwear but my M390 is the current favorite. This won't be your last millie, they are just too good to not experience the different steels. :thumbup:
Can you elaborate on your carry method? Do you just wrap it up in bandanna, and why may I ask?

Dr Rez Dr Rez , if you look at post #23 I have a couple of pics to help with the visual. I wrap it in a bandana so it stays upright in my back pocket. I have a pull/fob/lanyard thing on all my millies to help pull it. the bandana with millie goes into my back right pocket. Hope this helps.

I just noticed quite a few of the image links in other people's posts are broken, mine are showing up on my computer but I suspect others might not see the pics. If you can't see them PM me and I will get you some pics.

The Military rules the earth.

Question : I've always been turned off by liner locks. But the S110V and 204P Militaries look nice. So how solid do the liner lock Militaries lock up compared to the Ti frame lock versions?

The thicker framelock seems more sturdy in my mind than the thinner liner lock. But I have limited experienc with liner locks. Thus my question.

Back