1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My two favorite EDCs. Yours?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sparklygalaxy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Hey guys! ^_^

So if you saw my other threads, yes, my Buck 112 arrived! It is beautiful. Very well oiled, which has been a bit messy. But here it is, next to my Victorinox SAK Explorer, and I have to admit, it was a bit painful getting the 2nd shot of the Explorer... *doesn't include picture of bloody finger and broken thumb nails so as not to seem weak*

[​IMG]

So, officially my two favorite EDC knives. Do you have two, or only one perhaps, that are/is your absolute favorite thing to have on you always? The Explorer's scissors are so useful, almost everyday.

Cheers!

~ Sparkly

microbe, DB_Cruiser, Grateful and 5 others like this.
  2. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

This old thing is almost always in my pocket. I've carried other stuff in its stead: GECs, Case, Lsatherman, etc. Always find myself missing the Cadet.

microbe, Chariotz4, BK14 and 2 others like this.
  3. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018

Nice T.L.E Sharp! ^_^ I've heard the Cadet's a good one. I forget all of its functions, though?

4. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Just looked it up - looks like 8 functions (+ key ring). It's got a nail file, which is the one thing I miss on my Explorer for sure.

5. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I love rotating through my collection based on the schedule or task for the day. For example, today is beach day so the Spyderco Pacific Salt and Spyderco H1 Ladybug come with me. In truck is a carbon Mora companion, Tramontina 12 inch machete, Condor Hudson Bay, and Condor Greenland Axe. In my “man bag” is first aid, leatherman charge, SAK climber, fisher brass space pen, etc.

It’s better to have and not need than to need and not have. My family thinks I’m crazy hahahaha!

sparklygalaxy likes this.
  6. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    That's a great collection, Molokai Rider!! ^_^ I REALLY want to get myself a blue Mora Companion. They are literally $13, but I'm pretty broke from getting the 112 haha! Someday. :] <3

MolokaiRider likes this.
  7. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    My two absolute favorites,
    today,
    are :
    The Brand Zinker, Boker Urban Trapper with drilled titanium, a frame lock, VG-10 steel.
    and
    My brand new Spyderco Ladybug, dark green FRN handle in ZDP-189
    The large knife in my shirt pocket and the little 'n in my pocket.
    a brilliant pair . . . for a day off.
    IMG_5135.JPG
    IMG_5132.jpg

Come Monday my all time favorite pair will be the Syderco Para2 in natural G10 and M4 steel and the Ladybug.
    (before that I was carrying the Buck 110 LT in my pocket (not in the pouch) but it collides with the Ladybug. Maybe I will use the belt pouch . . .
    How do you carry your 110 ?
    IMG_5126.jpg

JupiterPaladin and sparklygalaxy like this.
  8. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Nice Wowbagger! :]

I'm currently carrying my 112 in my pocket, but when I get my 110 I'm planning on putting it in my bag. It's a bit large for the jeans girls have to wear, hehe. ^_^

9. M. Johnwell

M. Johnwell

Jan 8, 2015
    For me, it’s usually one of these four:
    [​IMG]
    From top to bottom:
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2 carbon fiber/M4 exclusive.
    Steel will modus
    Benchmade mini Ritter
    Spyderco urban in k390.

My favorite to carry is the urban.

Sonnydaze, sparklygalaxy and willc like this.
  10. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016

The Urban is great. One of my most carried knives. It's so light and unobtrusive.

[​IMG]

11. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan - Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Always have a Victorinox Cadet clipped to my pocket (TEC), typically accompanied by a Sebenza 21 or PM2.

12. BK14

BK14

Sep 13, 2016
    Victorinox Champion Plus, and CRK Small Sebenza 21, with Insingo blade and carbon fiber front scale.

13. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Hi Sparkly - welcome!

Hard to pick two favorites from my collection as I like them all. The two that get used the most are a SAK (not sure about the actual model) and Spyderco Delica 4 zdp-189.

The two that get flipped/fondled the most are ZT 0562 with custom cf scale and titanium hardware, and Spyderco PM2 with DLC S30v steel and digicam g10 scales.

14. Dfunk1210

Dfunk1210

Apr 7, 2015
    I rotate what I carry. Lately has been my ZT 0393 or a Benchmade 808 Loco if I’m feeling something more beastly. But if I had to name a favorite, it would be my ZT 0801ti, hands down. I had to force myself to rotate from that one. Also have one of various Case Trappers on my belt.

15. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Really enjoying these two lately. The Pioneer that my wife/kids gave me is in my pocket everyday.

[​IMG]

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I like ' em all and I switch ' em up weekly, so how about this.
    Sure, I could easily call these two my favorites if you twisted my arm.

[​IMG]image hosting

17. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    My EDC rotation contains 4 versions of the PM2 so that is my #1, and 4 versions of the Manix 2 so that is my #2.

18. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Classic duo, and welcome to BF.

I rotate through 8 or 9 different folders for various reasons, but these 2 are my favorites.
    Spyderco Gayle Bracley 2 and Benchmade 940-1
    [​IMG]

Mrgauth, Chariotz4, Lapedog and 3 others like this.
  19. anthonycastorena2014

anthonycastorena2014

Nov 27, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    Wenger Esquire + ZT 0562. Love them!