1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My two favorite EDCs. Yours?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sparklygalaxy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    LOL, I have 2 EDC rotations!

I got this one for weekdays...

2018-04-08 22.46.20.jpg

Camillus/Fisk OVB bowie
    Case/Bose tribal spear
    Kizer/DDR gunhammer

Lapedog and sparklygalaxy like this.
  2. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Victorinox Super Tinker and a Spyderco PM2, Endura, Delica, or Tenacious.

sparklygalaxy likes this.
  3. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    My EDC changes based off the circumstance and the location, for now i am EDCing a Gryphon M10. and i will use it on everything possible in the universe, popping open beer bottles, food prep, grooming, etc. SD, its my 6th finger ;)

sparklygalaxy and Charlie Mike like this.
  4. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    Victorinox electrician and Buck 303 modder to flat grind

5. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    My absolute favorite? My Case Select XX Wharncliffe mini trapper in Winterbottom jigged brick red bone, one of a limited run of 250. I carry it every day in a Case horizontal belt sheath.

[​IMG]

6. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Spyderco Endura and currently this guy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ulf Krogstad and sparklygalaxy like this.
  7. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    One of the Alox cadets is always in the left pocket:
    [​IMG]
    In the right pocket, there's almost always either the Inkozi or the 25.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Another vote for the Cadet, nice. It really is a classic. <3

9. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Past: Vaquero Ultralite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Current: Stainless Gordo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Huntnow, Deinos and sparklygalaxy like this.
  10. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    My mustache isn't fit for that sort of knife I'm afraid. :(

11. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
  12. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    WOW!! I have over 25 (Trad/modern) in my edc rotation.. Not counting FBs.. So I would say.. This one and that one!! :rolleyes: John

13. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    i picked up a Kizer Vanguard Velox 2 last year and have carried it since. Mostly seeing light duty for opening a package here and there, and lunch duty...I got to put it through its paces with my spring cleaning duties this weekend. It had gotten a little duller than I like, so I touched it up with a 1000 grit diamond stone, and finished on a strop loaded with .5 micron paste and off to work we went.

vines and small branches no problem.
    found an old canvas tent that had been hiding in a brush pile that needed processing as well, nice clean easy cuts.
    bird netting and zip ties - like butter.

it was starting to slow a bit by the end of the day, and I whittled a few sticks just to see where it stood and it was still workable, but needed a little touch up after dinner.

I hadn't really been warming up to this, but after two days of real use, I think it will be staying in my pocket for quite a while
    [​IMG]

14. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will

Jun 5, 2012
    My current favorite is hollow handle knifes in 420j2 steel. Plenty of storage for important items I may need in survival, like sleeping pills. (A deep unwakeable rest is key to survival)

15. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Looks like a good time to me ! :thumbsup:
    Aren't they great !

sparklygalaxy and M. Johnwell like this.
  16. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The new pouch for the 110 LT has drawn some flack for being cheep or a short cut.
    I didn't really look at it and just planned on carrying the LT in my pocket because it is so light or using my old Buck leather 110 pouch but I looked over the new LT sheath / pouch and it looks good to me.
    Decent stitching, heat fused at one point to lock the stitching (I assume) and make a nice finish for the ends of the edge banding that covers and finishes the edges all around the pouch.
    One can put the pouch on a belt or on shoulder strap because it has two loops just for a vertical strap.
    This seems to be a quality pouch and well thought out.
    I carried it on my belt today and it was great. Not as easy to just drop the knife into as the old one but it won't be flopping around on my belt; it rides flat and close on the belt.

You might like the new pouch . . . it isn't bulky . . . it's kind of flat and sleek.

17. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Two favorite EDCs. That’s open to interpretation, so here are a few different answers dependent on interpretation.

Two favorite EDC knives as a pair that complement each other: Spyderco Chaparral as a small super slicer that disappears in the pocket, plus SpydieChef for when a bigger, more versatile rustproof super slicer is needed.

Two favorite EDC knives for general use, carried one at a time: SpydieChef as there’s not much it can’t do for general EDC tasks, and ZT0609, my newest acquisition and thus not well tested, but seems versatile and maybe easier to pocket than the SpydieChef. Time will tell. The M390 PM2 is close here, but it’s not as nice to carry.

Two favorite EDC devices to carry together:
    For daily office/work use: Victorinox Jetsetter 3 plus Spyderco Chaparral (ultralight combo)
    For outdoor use: Victorinox SwissTool RS plus SpydieChef, ZT 0609, or PM2

18. ROCK6

ROCK6 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2004
    I have a few different choices for EDC rotation, but I carry a group for inside the wire and a different set for when I'm out on mission:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above doesn't include my fixed blades:p

ROCK6

Chariotz4, JimMD and sparklygalaxy like this.
  19. seabil

seabil

Apr 8, 2015
    Depends on where the day will take me, but most days some flavor of PM 2, today Burple with a Lynch clip, and my little Swiss Army knife rambler on my key ring.

20. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Only two? I can't pick only two.

Let's see...for dress or formal occasions, I would have to say the Victorinox Cadet. For field use, I'd go with my Benchmade Griptilian 551 in D2 steel. As my EDC, I have two that I switch out. A Benchmade 531(deep carry clip added) and a US made Kershaw Zing.

For a beater knife, I reach for my Cutco 1891 folder. I'll add my CRKT Prowler to the beater list when I get a decent edge on it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018