1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My two favorite EDCs. Yours?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sparklygalaxy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Weekend rotation...

2018-04-12 00.29.19.jpg

2. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Currently, my two favorite EDC knives are the Victorinox Adventurer (111mm side lock model) and the Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 and G-2. I carry a Leatherman Ps4 Squirt with me any time I have car keys in my pocket and that's most of the time. Occasionally I will substitute something else, but generally it's a slippie and a modern knife.

Good to see you got your Buck 112 and that SAK really doesn't look all beat up and dirty like I was expecting it to be from another thread.

3. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    I don't consider my MT's as blades, but my favorite MT is my LM Juice hands down and it's rare that it's not on me and/or in my briefcase or luggage. My two favorite knives for EDC are any of my Buck 112's and my BM 52x's. Honorable mention to the Aluminum CP S30V Buck 110 from C&C and the ZT 0909, which are just a hair behind in actual carry time than the first two listed. These are my most used/carried knives.

4. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Usually something like this. A modern folder and an Alox Cadet.
    [​IMG]

5. Puleio

Puleio

Jun 2, 2014
  6. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Currently my two favourite EDCs (off of work) are my Vic Classic by default (on my lanyard with my keys so it goes with me everywhere) and my CRK Small Sebenza 21 Blue Hex CGG which has smoothed out even more since I first got it (didn't think that was possible!). However, my new Benchmade 319 Proper is trying to give my small Sebenza a run for its money and gets an honourable mention as does my first true gentlemen's/women's folder, my Benchmade 482 Megumi.

Don't have any pics of the classic and I'll have to reuse old pics of the other knives so please excuse the old images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Always liked the Megumi. Wish they made one a little bigger.

Chariotz4 and Cursum Perficio like this.
  8. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Easy answer.

Emerson HD7 or Gareth Bull Shamwari. Really bummed that my hd7 has to go back to Emerson for repair.

[​IMG]

9. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    I wouldn't have been opposed to a larger version of it as I generally tend to prefer using larger knives, but at the same time, I think the size of the Megumi is perfect for what Benchmade were trying to accomplish with the knife when Nakamura designed it.

10. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I owned the Steel Will Modus just long enuf to give it away. Very impressive folder in D2. Will get another one for me rather soon.

11. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Hi, Sparkly. :)
    My favorite two EDC's are a Buck 110 on my belt and a Stockman in my pocket.
    Though truth to tell, I generally have a 4 blade Scout knife or SAK Huntsman in the pocket to keep the stockman company. :)

12. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If we're talking about carry time, it's mostly come down to these

[​IMG]

Huntnow and Fish17402 like this.
  13. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Withdrawn.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  14. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Well, for right now..

2018 forum Buck 301
    Original Leatherman Tool

Things change, depending on the type of work. Those two cover most bases. I also keep a Joshua Gallardo EDC sized fixed blade, and a larger fixed blade (rotates, until the one I’m having made is completed) for bigger tasks. Between those, I feel I’m covered fairly well.

jmh33 likes this.
  15. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Aside an SAK Compact it's these two.

[​IMG]

4mer_FMF and Psy223 like this.
  16. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Large 21 insingo with micarta inlays
    Small Inkosi PJ drop point

17. Fish17402

Fish17402

Jul 31, 2018
    Those edges are incredible!!

Kaizen1 likes this.
  18. Jocephus1

Jocephus1

May 30, 2007
    Knife #1 is always either a SAK Cadet or a small stockman (usually Case)
    Knife #2 is a rotation from my collection based upon what I'm doing for the day. It changes if I'm dealing with my horses or cattle. I might be in town or working in my shop. I dunno...its why I have so many knives.

Truck knife always has a seatbelt cutter and a breaker.

19. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Lately it's been a Buck 112 fg with a BM 940 and GEC 35 in ebony. It's been a good combo and I've kept them together for a while now. It's probably the group I've ever kept together the longest recently...

20. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    221263A4-ACD6-4313-87B9-F902D8F19AA4.jpeg