Mystery GAW/Challenge

Starting Day 2 of Mike's Challenge
My first impressions of the Bullnose...
It's a little big but I can pocket carry it easy enough. I started with the safety pin and moved to the sheath, figured I had it so I might as well use it too (double challenge). I really love the way it feels in-hand, it's so comfortable to use. The one thing I'm not super thrilled with is the point being so high on the blade. It makes opening feed bags and packages a little trickier than using something with a lower point like a Lambsfoot or Clip Blade. I really excels at cutting meat and fruit though. The experiment continues...

Dan, your photos and comments make my day a bit more beautiful every time I see them. Thank you, so much. Bluenose is bodacious.
Thank you very much Stuart for your kind words ! Much appreciated :thumbsup::)

Careful, Dan... That chickadee looks like he's staking a claim :D Awesome shots!
It sure does, looking at me with a "you back off" attitude :D

He's wondering where the darned Lambsfoot has gone! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

LOL :thumbsup::D, I will soon bring them back my lamb to appease them :)

Banana slicing machine ;)

19OY3qN.jpg

After much deliberation on what knife I’d choose I finally made up my mind. I didn’t just want to pick a knife I don’t carry, but a pattern and size I don’t carry. I only have a few single blade knives I’d actually consider a pocketknife. I’ve had this little Remington R-5 for a couple of years now, but doubt I’ve carried it more than once. It’s just a tad shorter than a 34OT, which I find extremely useful. Unless it’s on my belt I just gravitate towards a 3 bladed knife. So here goes, starting tomorrow and through the week......I’m in please :)

C67-B088-E-A57-E-4222-A3-EC-95-A8-F67-ECE85.jpg
Nice lockback there :thumbsup:

I guess I’ll play along :D. My choice is this Case Seahorse Whittler. I always like the looks of this pattern and was pretty happy once I finally purchased one. Unfortunately that happiness was short lived, I really dislike the way the knife feels in hand. I’m also not a huge fan of how thick the main blade is. This knife quickly found its home in a dark drawer for the past few years :eek:. Awesome idea for a giveaway Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck !:)

View attachment 1298784
I agree about your unfavorable feedback on the whittler.
I had one but sold it after a time. Be interesting to see if you still feel the same after this week. I don't expect that all of us will like these "shelved" knives after this experiment, but I'm open to being surprised :)
Hopefully you will...

As I started the day today carrying my Grohmman slimline I though that if I chose a nickname for it it would help the "bonding process" :D
I bought the knife in Nova Scotia where it is made in the small and picturesque town of Pictou.
Nova Scotians are sometimes called "Bluenosers" ..... so "Bluenose" it is :):D

So the first order of business today for Bluenose and I was to go out and say hi to our Canadian chickadee friends, we though it may amuse some CrazyCanuck out there :D

AHtrlAp.jpg

LizVu0Y.jpg

tTJ8uom.jpg
Great pictures.
Here in Maine, the chickadee is our state bird :thumbsup:

Well, I put the navaja to work last night

20200308_173940 by Pine Moon, on Flickr
20200308_180923 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Today I'm experimenting with the safety pin method: creating a slip in the RFP so she'll ride properly ;)
So far so good. It's easier than sewing :eek:

Wow, Mike-- looks like about 40 knife nuts joining in on this!
Awesome :cool:

It's Monday morning, an hour too soon. :confused:

Just checking on the garden. I planted some eggplant yesterday and they are still alive. ;):thumbsup:
DPNsZU0.jpg

I forgot about one of the nicest features of the Western: rounded bolsters and sunken joints make a very pocket-friendly knife.
xOOsFO2.jpg

Interesting.
You're keeping us in suspense o_O
Are you able to unveil the knife you'll be giving away yet??

A little suspense is good for ya :)

I think there will be three winners. All I can say about the prizes, is that choice got you into this, and choice will get you out. There will be more knives than winners.

My SAK slicing up some sausage for breakfast. The real story here is the sausage. I have been eating the hickory smoked sausage from this same place since 1956. The man that made these is the third generation of his family making these. I started eating them before he was even born. He has now retired from this business and my brother and I got ten pounds each of the last batch he made. There were lots of very sad people when he retired.

Starting Day 2 of Mike's Challenge
My first impressions of the Bullnose...
It's a little big but I can pocket carry it easy enough. I started with the safety pin and moved to the sheath, figured I had it so I might as well use it too (double challenge). I really love the way it feels in-hand, it's so comfortable to use. The one thing I'm not super thrilled with is the point being so high on the blade. It makes opening feed bags and packages a little trickier than using something with a lower point like a Lambsfoot or Clip Blade. I really excels at cutting meat and fruit though. The experiment continues...

I'm finding just the same John :thumbsup:

My Bullnose has helped me out with a range of mundane tasks today, but in every case, my Lambsfoot would have worked better I think :rolleyes: Nice to have options though, which is why I generally carry more than one knife :thumbsup:

Opening a new bottle of vitamins :rolleyes:

jEgantL.jpg

Cutting the price-tag off a pewter tankard I picked up for a fellow Guardian :)

MJk4Hbp.jpg

Opening some natural sweetener for my morning coffee :thumbsup:

fcNLd76.jpg

g2W6cuC.jpg

Helping me make a crisp (potato chip) butty for lunch :D

FcGxfAF.jpg

Cutting up an apple as an afternoon snack :)

HlUb1EW.jpg

Back