Mystery GAW/Challenge

A few tasks from the day: some packaging, fruit, de-burring some pvc. Also rocking the safety-pin trick discussed earlier, *life-changing*.
sAFAmLw.jpg

Ufsyosx.jpg

G7SuLNd.jpg

Open face, tuna salad sammich for a late lunch. I can't remember the last time I used a can opener on a knife...probably 60+ years ago in scouts. Like riding a bike, comes right back and the SAK did a yeoman's job! Cut the sammich with gusto! Yum!:D
DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

Ripe-pear duty and cut off a hunk of brie for one of my favorite snacks.

20200309_151356.jpg

Although the Forum Knife has a fairly thick blade, it worked well for the ripe pear, which are not as crispy as apples. Tomorrow's afternoon snack will be a crisp apple and some white cheddar.
Dinner might be some spam, but that fancy albacore tuna picture has me thinking a tuna salad sandwich!
best

mqqn

Opinel is one of my favorites. Don't really need anything else. But the Laguioles are prettier!

Yep and yes; I agree with both, though beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I plan to hold off on beauty to join my Queen #31 challenge pick until the weekend when the challenge gets harder. Pulling a pretty pair together is fairly easy, but what's the challenge in that?

BLhbsL1.jpg

- Stuart

Yep and yes; I agree with both, though beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I plan to hold off on beauty to join my Queen #31 challenge pick until the weekend when the challenge gets harder. Pulling a pretty pair together is fairly easy, but what's the challenge in that?

BLhbsL1.jpg

- Stuart
Two beauties there!

Took "Bluenose " for a walk along the town's water front and little marina.

Temps have been above freezing during the day for a few days now :thumbsup:
One dude was sitting on a bucket on the " I am sure by now much thinner ice" doing some ice fishing. Open water is not far away :eek:

Then some teenagers show up, one of them in shorts, t-shirt and skateboard while his friends start walking on the ice as well. :eek::eek::eek:

Crazy canucks man .... I am telling you .... there's some craaazy canucks out there :D:D:D

9V85otu.jpg

ACxEpcS.jpg

nJNVEUb.jpg

You'll all have to be satisfied with vivid word pictures from me; my photo routine is too slow to do daily shots of my knife in action. :rolleyes:
impKK.mark.closed.jpg

My Kamp-King cut up an apple before breakfast this morning; 2/3 of it went into my lunch container, 1/3 was diced up to put on my breakfast cereal. The knife also sliced some green and some red seedless grapes and half a banana for my cereal. I also ate half a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast dessert (I had the other half at breakfast yesterday), and used my Kamp-King to cut it into bite-sized pieces. I wanted to include a clementine in my lunch, and had to open a new net bag; I'm sure you can guess who helped me with that!

During the day, I noticed that the tip of the knife's main blade was slightly proud. Being an avid Blade Forums reader, I realized that filing the kick might help. I worked on it with a little diamond file I had on my desk, checked the state of the tip frequently (as the experts always recommend), and seemed to be getting nowhere. After much inexpert study of the knife, I decided the tip might actually be proud because the belly of the blade might touch the spring before the tip can settle below the liners. Live and learn (maybe :rolleyes:).

I had some apple and grapes from my lunch remaining when I got home, so I sliced the left-over grapes and diced the left-over apple section to put into a fruit-and-vegetable salad. I also diced up a slice of ham to include in the salad. One final task for the Imperial scout today was using its bottle opener to open a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout; worked flawlessly, first try!

- GT

1583799764807740835889.jpg
Spent most of the day in the shop with a dead phone... Used my Barlow to open a new helicoil kit and a piston for a top end rebuild of a Stihl 660. Here getting a light touch up while watching Star wars rebels.

Ok, my turn.

Here's my sort of rehabbed Schrade red headed stepchild chilling out with me at work.
20200309_131517.jpg

And here it is doing a thing!
That radish didn't even know what hit it.
20200309_131558.jpg

I sharpened the holy heck out of the blades and the main blade is a touch wobbly when put away but I'm having a good time getting to know it again.

Thanks for the fun kick in the pants!

Back