Name-A-Knife Contest

Dear Knife Enthusiasts:
Pat Crawford and I have been working on a collaboration for the past year. We will debut it at the Guild Show next month in New Orleans. This knife is utilizing my Bolster-Lock and a design that Pat and myself agreed on. The knives that we will make will have a damascus blade (3½")and spacer, a titanium frame and handle, and a Bolster-Lock. Each maker will be in charge of making his own knives off the same blue prints. Since the knives will be made by makers of different styles, the knives themselves will be of different appearance.
Pat Crawford and I have decided to let the internet surfers pick a name for this knife. The winner will be announced on July 5th and the knife that he/she will win is a prototype version signed by both makers.
Word of advice: Pat and myself are not looking for name that are related to "death, murder, kill".
There will be no pictures available until after the Guild Show.
Good luck to all.
Allen Elishewitz

Since this is a collaborative effort, and the makers seem to want a benign name, may I suggest "Concert" or "Synergy".

------------------
LD
"Every Dog Has His Day"

[This message has been edited by Lucky Dog (edited 21 June 1999).]

I suggest 'mosaic' since the blades will have small variations between them, but still have the same overlying picture.

My 2c.

Chizpuf

My name would be "Tabula Rasa". In Latin this term means "clean slate", and I would choose the name because, judging by your description of the knife, it seems like each set of makers is given a clean slate from which to input their own design ideas. If that doesn't do it for you, then how about "La Cotella del Morte" which, when translated from Italian, reads "The Knife of Death"? ;-) Just kidding.
Steve

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/knifehome.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
On Two Wheels

What about "OSPREY", Yea I know it's a plug for my "bird", but hey what else should I say? Or maybe the "CPL Werner"
smile.gif

prigger

------------------
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Military "Military" fans unite!!!

How about borrowing from Greek mythology again and naming it the "Atropos", after the Fate who is responsible for cutting the thread of Destiny?

(Maybe not...I guess this is still a euphemistic reference to death)

Looking forward to the collaboration...

Jim

[This message has been edited by UglyJim (edited 21 June 1999).]

Hmmm.. Cygnus? Corona? Charon? duh... my mind's blank right now..
smile.gif

Dan

I like the Argos or the Platypus.

Or how about the "Collaborator"

Crawfish?

Elisheford?

Crawitz?

Daniel

How about "The Cajun"? You're debuting it in New Orleans, and a damascus & titanium knife sounds pretty hot to me!

Good luck!

Dave.

Here comes my list...: Aeolus, Aphrodite, Apollo, Artemis, Asclepius, Athena, Atlas, Cronus, Demeter, Dionysus, Graces, Hades, Hebe, Hecate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hypnos, Morpheus, Muses, Nemesis, Nereus, Pan, Persephone, Poseidon, Prometheus, Rhea, Satyr, Selene, Titans, Triton, Uranus, Zeus, Amon, Anubis, Hathor, Horus, Isis, Osiris, Re, Serapis, Set, Sphinx, Thebes, Thoth, Achilles, Agamemnon, Ajax, Cassasandra, Circe, Clytemnestra, Electra, Hector, Hecuba, Iphigenia, Laocoon, Menelaus, Mentor, Orestes, Paris, Penelope, Priam, Scylla, Sirens, Ulysses, Adonis, Amazon, Andromeda, Anigones, Arachne, Arethusa, Argonauts, Ariadne, Cadmus, Castor, Charon, Daedalus, Damon, Pollux, Pythias, Daphne, Deucalion, Endymion, Europa, Eurydice, Ganymede, Hercules, Hero, Leander, Hesperides, Lo, Medea, Midas, Minos, Narcissus, Niobe, Nymph, Oedipus, Orion, Orpheus, Pandora, Perseus, Phaethon, Pygmalion, Sisyphus, Tantalus, Theseus, Argus, Centaur, Cerberus, Chimera, Cyclops, Giant, Gorgon, Griffin, Harpy, Hydra, Medusa, Minotar, Pegasus, Phoenix, Vedas, Astarte, Marduk, Gilgamesh, Cuchulainn, Finn, Aeneas, Aenied, Androcles, Aurora, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Dido, Fates, Faun, Fortuna, Furies, Genius, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Lares, Penates, Luna, Lupercalia, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Psyche, Quirinus Romulus, Remus, Saturn, Saturnalia, Sibyl, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Balder, Brunhild, Edda, Elf, Frey, Freyja, Loki, Nibelungenlied, Niflheim, Norns, Odin, Saga, Siegfried, Sigurd, Skald, Snorri, Sturluson, Tannhauser, Thor, Valhalla, Valkyrie, Aegis, Ambrosia, Atlantis, Cornucopia, Delphi, Elysium, Epidaurus, Gordian, Hellespont, Labyrinth, Lethe, Nectar, Olympia, Olympus, Oracle, Parnassus, Styx, Tartarus, Troy.

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

I've always been partial to "Chickenbiscuit," but as this may not be what you're looking for I'll save it for one of my knives; how about the "E/C Unique?"

------------------
Professor

Well, you already have an Ares, how about a Gemini? Or Castor, or Pollux, or Romulus or Remus? Definately something twin/duality related...

------------------
"If historic fact exists, it is this- that all of the history of man's civilization, from the caves to civilized or so-called civilized man, is a progressive limitation of liberty."
-Benito Mussolini

[This message has been edited by Christian (edited 21 June 1999).]

Yo, Christian, you stole some names off my list:, hehe.
How about the Whipyss, the Oreo, or the, Duoife?

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

Or maybe the Pyss, or the Kerplukn?

[This message has been edited by Stompy (edited 21 June 1999).]

Did someone mention biscuit knives?
biggrin.gif

Hey Allen, could you tell us a little more of what the knife's intended purpose is? Seems it'd be good to know that when picking a name.

How about using the names of famous twins, for example Romulus and Remus? That is, one of you call your knife Romulus and the other guy can call his Remus. It would be a symbol of both identical birth and individual development.

Fuzz.
Fuzz.

My suggestion is to take the two designers initials (P-at C-rawford and A-llen E-lishewitz) and form the name "Pace" or perhaps "Cape".

------------------
Bill
"Walk softly and carry a big folder... and a small folder... and a SAK... and a multi-tool..."

Odds on favorite is the CheesyPoof or the SnackyCake. I don't see VealRollup being used, though it is a possibility.

Following on the Same Knife/Two makers theme, I like Janus (Roman God with two faces).

You could always go with Fraternal, but it doesn't seem to roll off the tongue.

How about Iridium? Magellan? Irridescent?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Back