Native 5 - the perfect pocket knife?

Here's mine.
With the predecessor to the Native.
G1 made in Seki
5b81edd6c0565690c424975d8850f3d4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wow that is like looking at Steamboat Willy from the early Disney cartoons and what Mickey has morphed into today.

I have a Native 5 and love the full steel spine and the solid click of the lock. They are a beautiful creation.

,,,Mike in Canada

Wow that is like looking at Steamboat Willy from the early Disney cartoons and what Mickey has morphed into today.

I have a Native 5 and love the full steel spine and the solid click of the lock. They are a beautiful creation.

,,,Mike in Canada

Ha.
Excellent analogy, I'll never look at the Blackhawk the same way again.

I love my Native 5 FRN. With the clip removed it just disappears in the pocket. Great knife .

All of this Native talk has convinced me that I might just need one! I almost bought one a few months ago but opted for the Manix 2 instead, which I really like. A smaller Native would also be welcome, however. I foresee ordering a Native come pay day this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe, my g10/s110v native is in the mail and currently on its way over the big pond.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

I like the Native 5 G10. It gets its fair share of weekday office carry. I find its on the small side for food, or to cut bulky stuff like thick bubble wrapping where the choil can get in the way. It's the smallest Spyderco I carry.

20150405_133553-small_zpsyujkhjx6.jpg

The LW serrated version is the backup folder in my work bag.
20150810_131930-small_zpsbrb8da2l.jpg

You have to give Spyderco credit for the improved back lock on both the G10 and LW versions, it is s-o-l-i-d.

One of the very best folders. Slim and trim EDC. My earliest is Native II from 2000 weighing 4.49 ounces in all stainless steel! My latest is Native5 40th Anniversary weighing just 2.77 ounces. I need to get a Native5 S110V Blue G-10 next.

Here are my Natives:

• Native II AUS-10 SS
  • Native CTS-XHP Brown FRN (KnifeCenter)
  • Native5 CPM-S35VN Fluted Titanium
  • Native5 CPM-S110V Carbon Fiber (Sprint)
  • Native5 CPM-S90V Maroon FRN (2015 Forum)
  • Native5 DS93X Thor Damascus Fluted Carbon Fiber (40th Anniversary)

76CB79EC-3B25-4640-92CB-1EB8E69ADB78_zpsegsuc1ea.jpg

7B726BE6-6BF8-465E-A015-E086CC0733A9_zpspgkunpux.jpg

Beautiful spread. Which is your favorite ?

On the S110 blades what are you folks seeing as the thickness behind the edge?
Looking at the G10 one maybe
G2

Beautiful spread. Which is your favorite ?

The only one I use is the oldest one I have from 2000 and that's the all stainless one. It's heavy but bullet-proof!

The fluted carbon fiber of the 40th Anniversary one is one of the best CF I've seen. Very light (2.77 ounces) and strong with no liners and very good texture.

That CF with S90V/S110V would be killer.

If I were to choose another one of mine to carry it'd be the S110V/CF Sprint. At 4.5 ounces it weighs as much as the G-10 model and quite a bit more than the Anniversary edition.

For the money, it's tough to beat the S110V/Blue G-10 model at $150 or even the S110V/FRN for $112.

I really like the native 5 also. I bought the g10 version last year. I really believe it has the potential to be considered one of the best edc knives of all time. The only downside for me is the blade length. I know it's only slightly less blade length than the delica but that nearly 1/8" usable edge makes a difference to me. The handle is so comfortable, the blade shape is very useful, the steel is ideal for my edc use; the grind is very effective, the clip and retention are excellent, and the fit am finish are just amazing. To me it has the quality and performance of a much more expensive knife.

I agree that another 1/8" or so of usable edge would be an improvement. Otherwise it's pretty damn perfect.

The N5 is such a great knife! The N5 Lightweight is my highest recommended EDC folding knife. I really really REALLY hope Sal & Co. release a fluted CF model that is not Damascus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just received my first ever Native today, and I'm really impressed! It feels great in the hand. It will definitely boot my Delica from my pocket for a bit. The Delica has been my favorite Spyderco for a while. I think I now have two favorites. I also love my Manix 2, but there's just something so right with the Native and Delica. [emoji4]

Alex

The N5 is such a great knife! The N5 Lightweight is my highest recommended EDC folding knife. I really really REALLY hope Sal & Co. release a fluted CF model that is not Damascus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be all over a non Damascus fluted CF Native.

One of Spyderco's best designs. If I were someone who only carried one knife, the N5 would be high on my list.

Back