Native LC200N, any news?

Do these have different hardware for the threaded inserts that are in the scales or are the ones used on the other lightweight models stainless enough? Sal?

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't want the bright yellow drawing attention in the pocket here's an option.
wYRaDDml.jpg

Pvcbokwl.jpg

i really like that, this way it can still find it in water if it is dropped.
as a side note, i would love to see an LC200n in a full sized chefs knife.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't want the bright yellow drawing attention in the pocket here's an option.

Just what I was thinking. Why mess around with LC200N when you could have Maxamet?

Just put some nose grease on it from time to time and it'll not do you wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I have the Spydiechef in LC200N and it's great. But it's not at ALL in the same league as Maxamet for edge-holding. Just a modicum of care is all that's needed. Is it too much to ask?

Just what I was thinking. Why mess around with LC200N when you could have Maxamet?

Don't get me wrong, I have the Spydiechef in LC200N and it's great. But it's not at ALL in the same league as Maxamet for edge-holding. Just a modicum of care is all that's needed. Is it too much to ask?

Depends on what you value most - Stain resistance, toughness or abrasion resistance? Choices are good. I'd prefer LC200N for use on the water or hiking and backpacking.

Depends on what you value most - Stain resistance, toughness or abrasion resistance? Choices are good. I'd prefer LC200N for use on the water or hiking and backpacking.
I agree with AF, lots of good choices. If I'm going to spend a week wading in the surf fishing, then yeah, I want LC200N. And you think a little maintenance is enough, I don't know what to tell ya, all my gear gets as babied as I can manage, and anything capable of rust or corrosion has it.

Hi Knifethetank, Waterboyishere,

Welcome to our forum.

We're thinking about LC for the kitchen. Just haven't made any decisions yet.

Hey Smaug,

There is other hardware to consider when in salt water. A Maximet blade does not mean the lock, screws, clip, etc. will resist corrosion. I just got back from a Salt water state (Hawaii) and I like to carry H1 and LC when there. I've taken other knives, but they even get tarnished sitting in the hotel room. If you are actually going to spend time in salt water, my recommendation is for a Salt.

sal

66F0A6F3-700A-4628-9CB8-F17F4405AA7C.jpeg Well I have some discoloration that I can’t get off even with barkeepers friend, I think it was from bananas oddly enough.

Not upset, just glad to have found the limits of an overall excellent steel in this respect.

Hi Knifethetank, Waterboyishere,

Welcome to our forum.

We're thinking about LC for the kitchen. Just haven't made any decisions yet.

Hey Smaug,

There is other hardware to consider when in salt water. A Maximet blade does not mean the lock, screws, clip, etc. will resist corrosion. I just got back from a Salt water state (Hawaii) and I like to carry H1 and LC when there. I've taken other knives, but they even get tarnished sitting in the hotel room. If you are actually going to spend time in salt water, my recommendation is for a Salt.

sal
Sal is the threaded hardware for the regular natives the same material as the native salt or was a different material needed for added corrosion resistance?

Sal is the threaded hardware for the regular natives the same material as the native salt or was a different material needed for added corrosion resistance?
Sal will chime in with the right answer, but I would guess that the Native Salt's hardware is pretty much the same as the regulars, but with a special coating applied to it.

Jim

View attachment 1049905 Well I have some discoloration that I can’t get off even with barkeepers friend, I think it was from bananas oddly enough.

Not upset, just glad to have found the limits of an overall excellent steel in this respect.

Interesting. I think this may be the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen someone post about LC200N staining. I wonder if it may be contamination from the grinding process.

Interesting. I think this may be the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen someone post about LC200N staining. I wonder if it may be contamination from the grinding process.
So I got it off, made a barkeepers friend paste and used a shop towel, took some work though. Weird part is that I think it came from cutting up a banana of all things.

Well they aren't black coated or anything. It would have to be clear dlc if that is even possible.
Hardware on mine is all black except for the blade and lock bar, Sal has confirmed the lock bar is LC200N also.

Hardware on mine is all black except for the blade and lock bar, Sal has confirmed the lock bar is LC200N also.
I’m referring to the threaded inserts that are in the handle scales like for the clip screws and handle screws to thread into. Not the the screws themselves. The inserts are not coated from what I can tell, certainly not black.

Back