Native LC200N, any news?

I’m referring to the threaded inserts that are in the handle scales like for the clip screws and handle screws to thread into. Not the the screws themselves. The inserts are not coated from what I can tell, certainly not black.

They're likely something along the lines of 300 series stainless. Hard enough to allow threads to be cut, but not enough carbon to pose a corrosion risk.

This has definitely jumped to the top of my list and will be the next knife I purchase. I was strongly considering a Bugout as my go-to knife to carry for outdoor sports, but this seems to blow it out of the water in every category that matters (besides weight).

This has definitely jumped to the top of my list and will be the next knife I purchase. I was strongly considering a Bugout as my go-to knife to carry for outdoor sports, but this seems to blow it out of the water in every category that matters (besides weight).

The control you'll have with the Native, due to it's ergonomics, is amazing.

About the threads, let’s consider this: many dive watches have screw down crowns (threaded) and use 316L, this is a similar application.

They're likely something along the lines of 300 series stainless. Hard enough to allow threads to be cut, but not enough carbon to pose a corrosion risk.
300 stainless will still rust though. Especially if exposed to salt water. Salt knives are fully rust proof. Even those small parts.

Those threads aren't exposed. The 9 clip screw threads that aren't in use will be exposed.

Well that didn't take long... just got mine delivered today.

As others have stated, the yellow isn't as bright as you might expect. It is more a light yellow than a neon yellow.

The ergonomics are excellent and it is definitely a very light knife. I look forward to getting it out in the field to see how it performs.

Advancing from Salt 1, which was my most used EDC in the past few years, got the Native 5 Salt a couple of days back. Hope the steel lives up to its expectations, however, I see a few drawbacks comparing with Salt 1:
- handle is thicker and more squared, making it feel a bit awkward in the hand; also creating a bit bigger bulb in the back pocket (I trust I'll live through this)
- as some of you mentioned earlier, there are 9 threads for screws not used, for which the steel has not been identified yet; I see this as potential for rust in the future, but we'll see
- skeletonized FRN from inside of the handle: why oh why is the handle skeletonized around the pivot? Really designers, really? This is a magnet for dirt and debris. I don't want to have to dissasemble my knife every couple of days when it builds up. Never had to disassemble my trusty old Salt 1. This part has killed me.

One other thing, a question for for the owners: when you take the knife upside down, look inside, and please tell me how the iside of the backlock lever looks like? Mine looks as it was machined wrong and then turned the other way, from what I see. On the part the part where the blade hits the backlock, there are like 4 jimpings/gimpings/however you want to call it, one of them slightly recessed, other as from the upper part of backlock where it's touching the blade.

Edit: pictures (crappy phone ones, plus resized, sorry about that).

47080186702_6d71720ae3_z.jpg

Picture 1: Backlock from the inside (see comment above)

40167474493_f3ef749a52_z.jpg

Picture 2: Comparison with Salt 1

Last edited:
P pantagana23 the inside of mine looks exactly the same. I'm guessing its just a manufacturing artifact. I would be interested to know if the inside of the scales look the same as a normal native 5LW. Doesn't seem like its going to be a big deal. I've got a day off tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a chance to fill mine with fish guts. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Salt 2 scales are also thicker. They are skeletonized if I remember correctly.

The Native 5 salt scales are skeletonized the exact same as the regular native 5. As for the extra screw holes. You now have that with the salt 2 as well. I believe my back lock looks the same but I'll have to check when I get home.

One other thing, a question for for the owners: when you take the knife upside down, look inside, and please tell me how the iside of the backlock lever looks like? Mine looks as it was machined wrong and then turned the other way, from what I see. On the part the part where the blade hits the backlock, there are like 4 jimpings/gimpings/however you want to call it, one of them slightly recessed, other as from the upper part of backlock where it's touching the blade.

I can confirm that mine looks exactly the same.

Hi Guys, I really like this knife, I was ready to give up and sell it but I finally got the better of it and won. It was real hard to open with one hand and trust me I've worked it in day after day. It definitely wasn't my pivot, it's the back mechanism that needed working in. I'm happy with it now so I purchased another Linos sheath, I like their work and it will come in handy when I don't carry in my pocket.

I tried to upload a pic with the sheath but it's to large, I'll try to get a smaller pic.

Could someone provide the information on the factory edge of this version of Native 5?

I'm looking at it and see there is also a microbevel on factory edge. Will have to touch it up a bit.

Could someone provide the information on the factory edge of this version of Native 5?

I'm looking at it and see there is also a microbevel on factory edge. Will have to touch it up a bit.
Mine was sharp, but the edge needed some reshaping.

mine was sharp also and I agree it needs reshaping, strop should do it

I'm still loving mine, can't wait to put it to the test this summer on the water.

Me too, it will be clippep to my shorts during summer. Nice to know your knife can not corrode, just a fast wipe off and back in the pocket/waist band. :cool::thumbsup:

Back