New 14 run

I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of those too. I don't think Grand Prairie Knives offers free shipping at what these will probably cost and I'll have to pay Illinois tax too. The finished photos might push me over the edge though.
Rick,
What do you think they will cost? When I first started seeing pictures of the 14s being made a couple of weeks ago, I thought the first ones pictures might start shipping late next week, but now it seems like most or all the knives might get started before any actually start shipping.
Larry

Rick,
What do you think they will cost? When I first started seeing pictures of the 14s being made a couple of weeks ago, I thought the first ones pictures might start shipping late next week, but now it seems like most or all the knives might get started before any actually start shipping.
Larry
Just a guess. $58.

Rick,
Larry

Just a guess. $58.

I still have my records from when I bought my Spear blade #14's from the 2016 run and I would say that Signalprick's guess is pretty close.

Both of my jigged bones from that run were $64.16 each. I suspect that these won't exceed $75 except for maybe the Barlows.

I'm thinking KSF will have a Northwoods #14 available :rolleyes:

They seemed to have increased production in the last year or so, and a #14 seems likely ;)

Who knows ??? :p

I paid $110 for the 2016 TC - Prices varied depending on dealer and configuration. There was roughly 36 variations of the 14 in 2016 with 10 of those being the TC's.

Last edited:
I still have my records from when I bought my Spear blade #14's from the 2016 run and I would say that Signalprick's guess is pretty close.

Both of my jigged bones from that run were $64.16 each. I suspect that these won't exceed $75 except for maybe the Barlows.
Of that's the case, I might grab one or two extra! I had legitimately anticipated upwards $85-$90. Even more for the two bladed version.

Of that's the case, I might grab one or two extra! I had legitimately anticipated upwards $85-$90. Even more for the two bladed version.
Well, I hope I'm right but I might very well have underestimated. The 2016 run that I quoted prices for was the premiere run of #14's and dealers had no way to gauge popularity.

There are still some two blade 14's at dealers for around $80 but those aren't SFO's and dealers now have a better gauge of how much fans of GEC like the pattern. The popularity of the first run might drive up prices for the second run.

Just took a gander at some of the production pics and I'm starting to get pretty pumped. I don't see any bare ends though, and I find myself wishing there were some (other than the Barlows of course).

Looks to me like the new run of 14's will get a backspring that has 2 holes. The previous run had the right-angle cut-out on the butt end, which exposes the pin, like the 15's do...and the 77's, etc.

Don't know the term for this (if there even is one), or which method is superior, but I do find the 2 hole pinned knives to be a bit less of a pocket lint catch-all, and easier to clean out when they do get gunked up. Stuff just glides right up that little ramp there. :D

IMG_5317.jpg

Back