New 14 run

I'm so excited. This could very well turn into "THE knife for me", at least as far as GECs are concerned.
I was thinking the same thing. Though I'm always buying GEC knives and then selling them to buy somthing else I think my Circle (A) Knives SFO #14 in Smooth Yellow bone with a Dimond Shield just might be The One I hang on to for good.I haven't heard a lot mentioned about that one but I'm sure it will sell out.☺:thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing. Though I'm always buying GEC knives and then selling them to buy somthing else I think my Circle (A) Knives SFO #14 in Smooth Yellow bone with a Dimond Shield just might be The One I hang on to for good.I haven't heard a lot mentioned about that one but I'm sure it will sell out.☺:thumbsup:
If I hadn't gotten in on one of Barry's SFOs I would have hopped on that one no doubt. My thinking was the two of them would look too similar to get both, considering I've already got 3 other I know I'm going to get.

I'm really liking the Oily Creek too. I do believe it's my favorite from this run but I might change my mind after I've seen them all.

I reserved 2 Oily Creeks because I know that the Oily Creek Bone can vary in color coverage and thickness. My plan is to keep the one I like the best and sell the other one but those pics on GEC's website have me thinking that I just might keep them both.

Rick, this Oily bone is lookin mighty good!

I agree, Perry. Coloring looks very well executed and most of the handle slabs that I can see don't look too thick or too thin, except maybe that one knife out front in the pics.

Once they get them all polished up and slap that awesome shield on there these should be exceptional.

Yes, I had a nice visit thru email, with Frank a couple of weeks ago, and he's pretty excited about them too! Next couple of weeks should really be showing the goods on a lot of these 14s!!

Yep Willy, it could very well be.
Good luck with getting one!
This will be my first OILY!!
If you ment me then thanks but I've already locked mine in the first day they started taking orders. I Learned long ago when it comes to GEC~SFO's. If you snooze you looze. Lol :cool:

I think those black canvas micarta photos look great. They might be my leading contender so far, but who knows once more photos come out.
I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of those too. I don't think Grand Prairie Knives offers free shipping at what these will probably cost and I'll have to pay Illinois tax too. The finished photos might push me over the edge though.

Good man, Willy! You’re right about that!
Rick, I didn’t realize this particular one was being made, but alas I am locked in to what I wanted and good with them. Looking forward mostly to Barry’s then the DLT tortoise one, then Frank’s Oily, the Kifer African Blackwood and then Lyle’s. Have I forgotten any that I signed up for??

Last edited:
Back