New 14 run

I want my...
drvVDQY.jpg

That is a very interesting question. There is a great thread about Bob Cargill and Cripple Creek Knives for anyone who cares to learn more. The story is both uplifting and sad. Cargill survived a life threatening accident in the 1970's but overcame his injuries and went on to create a highly successful brand. By the 1990's, his body began to fail, and he sold his company and logo. The new enterprise did not last long. Cargill continued to make a few knives for a while, but, eventually, he stopped entirely. Apparently, Cargill allowed his patent license to expire. It seems to have gone through several hands and is now owned by either Blue Ridge Knives or Smokey Mountain Knife Works. So, it appears that he does not receive any income from the sale of these new, non - Cargill, knives. I hope that I am wrong. If I am, please correct me.

So, Bob Cargill might be proud to see his logo carried forward, but the circumstances are murky at best. If any of you have a relationship with Blue Ridge or SMKW, it would be great to hear from them. I understand the world of business, and they were probably very savvy to acquire such a valuable and historical logo. However, I certainly hope they have done something to honor and compensate the man who created the legend.
I agree and appreciate your words Greg. I have grown to greatly appreciate Bob Cargill and will collect his creations from now on. He was (is) an amazing individual.

Thank for posting those everyone. I truly hope everyone is pleased.

In case y'all have forgotten, that super etch on my knives from the beginning was the result of a fine man with a lot of patience. Let's hear it for Barry the wizard.

Thanks Barry ,I believe we created an iconic etch.

Well, this pretty little thing landed today. What an absolute gem! Lyle, this is an exceptional knife and I am honored to have it in my collection. Very well done!

TWpWGLP.jpg

fQ058mM.jpg
Beautiful Little Pocket Knife Dylan. I don't know what it is about the Bar Shield I like so much other then maybe it's simplicity? Ether way it's my absolute favorite hands down. ✌

Really like the Lick Creek knives, great job Lyle and GEC, the new tang stamp is really nice, just like a vintage knife. Unfortunately I was not able to get one so will live through your alls great pictures.

I completely missed this thread! :D Well done Lyle, and Barry :) Great-looking knives folks :thumbsup:

Thank you, Lyle. This one was worth waiting for. :)
F5DOQdG.jpg

Pictured with my #14 in ebony. I've got to take lots of pictures now before the blade etch is lost to patina.
5Dgzku6.jpg

Be a long wait yet for me in Europe but these pictures whet my appetite! Now I know what to be looking forward to thanks R:cool: Thanks too to Lyle et al.:thumbsup:

Too bad you can’t see the covers your getting. I’m going to hold out for the ironwood, can’t get them all!
Yep, that could be a real problem and possible disappointment. I called and inquired but no dice with their system. My brother is picking 2nd out of 2 choices, so....

Think I’m going to say “when” and stop at 3 14’s because I know I will just keep going and goinggggg!! lol
With that being said I’m much looking forward to seeing everyone’s new variations of this beautiful 14 pattern :thumbsup:
Edit: That CC Stag without a doubt would of been the next of “nexts” lol

Last edited:
Back