New 750 dollar CRKT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Shabazz had a photo on Instagram too. You'd probably expect a hand rubbed blade at that price point. Maybe even damasteel or san mai. A finish befitting a $750 production knife from CRKT... but you won't get it. Same hot off the grinder blade finish that their $20 models have.

It's a hard pass from me. Even at $250. $750 is insane.

ROFL. I just read the blurb in your link jill jackson jill jackson . It's the most hard use, heavy duty knife ever produced. So we made it a limited edition and charged the moon for it to ensure no one ever tries to verify the claim.

for that much, a rockstead is a no brainer...

crkt surely is suffering from a new overpaid marketing vp, no other explanation makes sense with the nonsense inflicted on their retailers
... at this rate, I really am expecting crkt as a brand will implode in about 6 months or a year at the outside

It's the most hard use, heavy duty knife ever produced. So we made it a limited edition and charged the moon for it to ensure no one ever tries to verify the claim.

You know, one might almost think it's their Alibi knife. Where people ask for a product from CRKT that competes with ZT, where it's higher end up not like the 300+$ range. So they put out the XOC Thing and then go "WELL WE DID THE HIGH END LIMITED XOC! AND IT DIDN'T SELL WELL! SO WHY ARE YOU BLAMING US FOR CHURNING OUT GREAT DESIGNS FOR AFFORDABLE PRICES INSTEAD?!!?!? Fit and finish isn't great? So what! They are budget knives!"

It feels like they are purposely sabotaging themselves. Scoop up cool and unusual ideas and then find the cheapest place to produce them.

Not quite. Here is the blurb you refer to, emphasis mine:

"CRKT says that the XOC is “far and away the strongest, most heavy-duty knife” that it’s ever made."

That is, that CRKT has ever made - not that "has ever been made". Not a very high bar... they might clear that one.

ROFL. I just read the blurb in your link jill jackson jill jackson . It's the most hard use, heavy duty knife ever produced. So we made it a limited edition and charged the moon for it to ensure no one ever tries to verify the claim.

Not quite. Here is the blurb you refer to, emphasis mine:

"CRKT says that the XOC is “far and away the strongest, most heavy-duty knife” that it’s ever made."

That is, that CRKT has ever made - not that "has ever been made". Not a very high bar... they might clear that one.

Semantics. It's still total nonsense. My point is that they're touting its durability when they've seemingly done everything they can to ensure they never actually get used.

Last edited:
And remember, they didn't design or make it. They did the same thing with the hi-jinx.

Reactions: Mo2
For about $150 I’d be a buyer. For $700 I’d run screaming to a nice custom.

For the $, does it suck, or is it simply a lower end lower cost knife company? I'd say the latter.
I'd say crkt sucks. Cause they do alot of non sense. I never said that knife sucks. I mean it's weird they would make that. But not saying it sucks. It's actually interesting. Sure it's way too much money for what youe getting, but regardless of that... Never said that knife sucks. I said crkt sucks. And yea they are a low end budget brand that charges too much for its budget made knives of poor quality and gimmics to make them sell. I believe they are mostly hipsters that are running the company now. No joke. And yes they don't know how to do premium and when they try it blows up in there face. Cause that's just not them.

In any case the fact stays the same. They make gimmicks and shock value knives for people to invest into buying them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back