[New and improved] Whats your Favorite Blade Steel (yes Again)

Pick your all time favorite.

• M390

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S35V

• S30V

• CMP-M4

• CMP-3V

• VG-10

• O1

• AUS-8

• INFI

• A2

• SR101

• ATS 34

• CPM-154

• CPM-10V

• YXR7

• Other's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think people should be doing sprint runs in CTS-B75P just for the neo-retro appeal (...if that's a thing?), but as long as we're voting on all time appeal I have to go for the original. Just like Star Wars, you always stick to the first release.

I would take the CTS version, but I would rather have the original BG42

Other: Aogami Super Blue

For the most part I really don't care what steel a knife has. So long as it's modern and somewhat high-end that's good enough. Heat treatment, edge geometry/thickness, and blade style play a much larger role in my opinion. I never let a knife get dull, and sharp 420HC cuts the same as sharp s110v.

So your saying what steel would I want if the zombie apocalypse hit and I could only have one blade? OK probably would go with CPM-154, stainless, tough as nailz, doesnt chip, and is easy to sharpen. In real world tho my favorite is probably CPM-M4 it doesnt chip holds a razor edge for long time. Problem is with M-4 it will rust and you need a set of diamond stones to sharpen it.

So your saying what steel would I want if the zombie apocalypse hit and I could only have one blade? OK probably would go with CPM-154, stainless, tough as nailz, doesnt chip, and is easy to sharpen. In real world tho my favorite is probably CPM-M4 it doesnt chip holds a razor edge for long time. Problem is with M-4 it will rust and you need a set of diamond stones to sharpen it.

Re-beveled Cpm M4 on a 600 grit Japanese water stone no prob. It responded quite well. Then 1000, 6000. Only limited by my skills.

Back