• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New blade for my dads Auto

Funny how you choose to be insulted by my post and report it, but not the post i was responding to.
Don't be surprised when most makers turn you down flat, most will not want to make a blade for a clone as much as they will not want to make a clone knife. You've been given good advice here, but only you can choose to listen to it.

he said good luck on your search and didnt linger to continually derail thread. AND IF YOU DIDNT READ what i have mentioned multiple times already It is similiar not a clone. This is a knife he has had for about 7 years. The way the blade hangs out of the blade along proves its not a clone. PLEASE READ. Contribute to this thread or please stop derailing it.

He actually said the same thing i did.
Good luck in your hunt. As pointless as it may be.

This is a godfather CLONE knife, picture pulled from a site that sells them. Amazing how it looks exactly like your dads knife except for the color.
701BL.JPG

He actually said the same thing i did.

This is a godfather CLONE knife, picture pulled from a site that sells them. Amazing how it looks exactly like your dads knife except for the color.
701BL.JPG

If you have nothing to contribute then please stop posting. Its similiar not a clone. PLEASE stop posting because its obvious you have no intention of keeping with the topic

No offense but the knife you want a new blade for is a clone. The Chinese knockoff's are slightly different so that the companies that make the real ones cannot go after them legally.

If I were to make a new blade for the knife you would pay me $100+ and it's just not worth it. If the blade is made from cheap steel what do you suppose the rest of the knife is made from?

Save your money and for Father's day buy your dad a decent one.
Blade HQ has one for $169 http://www.bladehq.com/item--Protech-Godfather--468

If you have nothing to contribute then please stop posting. Its similiar not a clone. PLEASE stop posting because its obvious you have no intention of keeping with the topic

If it is "similar" to a licensed product from a manufacturer, it is a "Clone". They've been making these clones for years now. They are made with cheap materials and inadequate tolerances.

You should just buy your dad an actual godfather from a reputable dealer, that way you will not only give him a quality knife that he's familiar with and likes the design of, but also the warranty that goes with it. It will probably be less expensive than having a blade made for a clone knife.
Then if you want to rip that blade out from the actual protec and install it in the clone ( i don't know why anyone would do it), It will be your prerogative.

I am still pursuing it whether or not u care. You keep posting on this not helping me in any way. I am trying to be civil about this but if you can't help and your here to derail stop posting karda.

its not a knock off btw. I have seen the protechs at 3.2 inch blade and 4 inch blade. As you can see the blade is 3.5 inches and has a hang out when closed. If you say anything that looks like it is automatically a clone then you might as well say that all otfs copy microtech and all single action copy Robert Dalton.

I am looking for someone to make a replacement blade that is all

its not a knock off btw. I have seen the protechs at 3.2 inch blade and 4 inch blade. As you can see the blade is 3.5 inches and has a hang out when closed. If you say anything that looks like it is automatically a clone then you might as well say that all otfs copy microtech and all single action copy Robert Dalton.

I am looking for someone to make a replacement blade that is all

Sorry, believe what you like, but it's definately a clone.
You have a maker in post #24 who can do it and does fantastic work..... have you contacted him yet?

Back