New Buck 110 LT

Hey gang, I saw the new Buck 110 LT on the web for 24.95 pre order. I’d love a lighter 110! Does anyone know if it has steel reinforced liners or something to beef up the strength?

24.95 is a good price. I will keep one of those in my cart till my next purchase. Thanks for the heads up.

Are these going to be standard production?? Thanks.. John

As of now, I believe so, but the history of "light weight" 110's, suggest it could be gone in a few years. :(

I still lament the Eco-Lite's going, of all the "light" 110's, they were my favorites.
Has anyone been able to do a write up on this knife? How does it compare to the old EcoLite? I missed the opportunity to pick up a 110 EcoLite (though I did get a couple 112s) and always wanted one in red. This will suffice, I suppose.

Zieg

Hey gang, I saw the new Buck 110 LT on the web for 24.95 pre order. I’d love a lighter 110! Does anyone know if it has steel reinforced liners or something to beef up the strength?
I saw the little blurb on the new 2018 lineup at Knife News and it isn't much to go on, but the photo is good and the angle of the shot appears to show a steel lining in the lanyard hole in the knife's handle. It would make sense to use the same cutaway lining as the EcoLite, so that's probably what we're seeing there.

Zieg

the angle of the shot appears to show a steel lining in the lanyard hole in the knife's handle.
Zieg

I hadn't noticed that, but it looks like it does. I sure hope you're right, that will really improve the LT as a hunting/camp knife!

Any "Lite" knife will be weaker than the standard version.

For most applications it won't make any difference......for an especially arduous situation, it might. Myself, I always go with the strongest knife no matter the weight. I prepare for the worst.

But that's just me......I also carry a 1911.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
I'll be putting in a pre-order soon. I'm curious as to what the sheath looks and feels like. They're not the nylon ones.

Their description says
Sheath Material: Black Heavy-Duty Polyester

I'll be putting in a pre-order soon. I'm curious as to what the sheath looks and feels like. They're not the nylon ones.

Their description says
Sheath Material: Black Heavy-Duty Polyester

Sounds like that kind of sheath the old Bucklites or ecolites had, whichever one it was.

Back