New Cold Steel Knives at SHOT Show

Think the only one I might have been interested in was the Verdict, but the AUS10A version is going to have a black blade. Nope.
That indentation on top of the Verdict blade (for your thumb during precise cutting) ruins the knife for me. It would have looked so much nicer without it. Others have said the choil is too big, I tend to agree.
Are you thinkig of the Drifter? Didn't see that on the Verdict.
Sorry, I think I got confused between the two…if it’s the Drifter with the indentation, then yes I meant the Drifter. The Verdict looks like it would be a good beater edc….if it does in fact get released with G10 and AUS steel.

Cold Steel Mini Recon 1- From the reviews I've seen so far, the changes to the knife are very positive. As far as the AUS10A steel goes, I guess I don't understand the criticism. If Cold Steel makes it out of S35VN, then it will be double the price. Maybe some folks here have money to burn, but most of us don't. I think AUS10A is an awesome choice and keeps it affordable. If the steel bugs people that bad, let them wait until the 8cr13MOV version comes out. They should be real happy then :)
I agree in general with what you’ve said…an S35VN Mini Recon 1 would be much more expensive, but I still feel they would have sold well. You can just look at the older Mini Recon 1 versions and the latest one on video and easily tell the older models were much more robust. Another member of the forum said that after purchasing the latest version, he could feel the handle “flex”. Almost all the online reviews of the older models mention just how insanely strong those knives are…a very tough blade in a small package…and they look great too (I’m not a fan of stonewashed blades, but that a personal preference). No disrespect meant from my side, it was just my hope they had brought it back with even better materials. That will probably never happen now. Just like another member said, we’re all probably seeing the last of LT’s influence on the brand.

Oof, that video was a tough watch. That slipman character is no LT but he sure did drop his name a ton. Perfect example of how not to sell a fan base on a company reboot. Hard to even get a look at the products. Compare this to SOG who was just bought by the same company and it is night and day...

Oof, that video was a tough watch. That slipman character is no LT but he sure did drop his name a ton. Perfect example of how not to sell a fan base on a company reboot. Hard to even get a look at the products. Compare this to SOG who was just bought by the same company and it is night and day...
The thing that bugs me is that Stickman isn't a knife guy, and you can't "make" a non knife guy into a knife guy.

You can tell that the enthusiasm just isn't there. This is a job for Stickman, and it shows.

Well, if they gutted 3V Warcraft and then introduced 4034 Warcraft that costs at least 70% of the price of 3V version (and is even more expensive than 3V version that's on sale on some site) then what can we expect for san mai pricing?

If they wanted to make the price right, they'd get it right with 4034 because I doubt that san mai will be cheaper than 4034.

I think it would be good as long as it is around $140.00 or lower, a bit higher than the current Master Tanto price but not too high. If it is in the $200.00 range that is too high for such a knife.

If I buy more CS knives this year I'd probably get more in the Master/Magnum series or the cheaper knives if the prices are good. I've seen the Tanto Lite selling for $37.00 which is ridiculous.

I'm not going to go to hard on the Mayhem. I wonder if it's an old design prototype that was left over, and they rushed into production. It needs a disk or a spydie hole, and some tweaking. Wish they'd reintroduce some of the old discontinued mode

It def has potential. The thumb stud looks out of place to me as well, def needs a thumb disc, although that was Demko's thing so they prob wont use it. And with that Talwar-esque handle, I think keeping the blade shape but taking down the height (tallness?) of the blade would make it look so much better. Ill have to see the strength testing, something in me just doesnt trust any folder that size that doesnt have a triad lock.

The thing that bugs me is that Stickman isn't a knife guy, and you can't "make" a non knife guy into a knife guy.

You can tell that the enthusiasm just isn't there. This is a job for Stickman, and it shows.
Same as with the girl in the videos whose face is just like "whateveer... let's just finish this".
I think it would be good as long as it is around $140.00 or lower, a bit higher than the current Master Tanto price but not too high. If it is in the $200.00 range that is too high for such a knife.

If I buy more CS knives this year I'd probably get more in the Master/Magnum series or the cheaper knives if the prices are good. I've seen the Tanto Lite selling for $37.00 which is ridiculous.
And yeah, price increase is definitely real...

I had a big post typed up here because the new 2022 catalog has been posted on the GSM website for Cold Steel, and for some reason I’m having technical difficulties and keep crashing, but I wanted to let you all know it’s up.

If we had all purchased an additional 100+ Cold Steel knives every year in the past, this discussion wouldn't be necessary and we'd still be watching LCT chopping and slicing stuff on youtube. 😁

Back