New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

Just got mine in today, stonewashed blade, blue ti with translucent scale, and it's awesome. I have a gen 4 spearpoint sitting next to it and can't believe how much thinner the grind is on this swear point. Trying to do this one knife for one year challenge with my inkosi but had to have this in my collection.

P.s.- it's definitely mine now, just cut my thumb to the bone with it![/QUOT
Just be sure to close it once you get it before you slip it under your pillow ... :p

C'mon. I thought we all do that during the honey moon.

Im hoping my replacement gets to me soon as well. I look forward to using that sucker.

My replacement just arrived from DLT and it is absolutely spot-on. Oh baby am I happy with it.

Glad you got yours and it's as good as the Gen 6s myself and others have gotten ... it almost feels like a different knife ... and the new blade grind is really nice IMHO. :thumbsup:

Well, what do you think?

The truth .

Jordan at DLT picked me out a perfect specimen. With ;

-A slightly softer detent that still rockets the blade out.

-Perfect action and lock up @ 25% w/ no play and passes palm whacks all day ;)

-This blade grind is a slicer compared to the spanto and Bowie.

The only issue is the 3-way pivot system . The bearings are tuned absolutely perfect.

The issue is that the phosphorus bronze washers are a bit too thick. It does not allow the pivot to be tightened down to center the blade and allow smooth action.

I have sanded down the PB washers quite a bit and they are still not at the proper spec to allow smooth operation, centered blade and no blade play.

Another 10 minutes or so and I should have the PB washers within spec but I'm a pretty handy guy and I've been working on knives for years. The average user that purchases this knife might not be able to do the same thing.

That's it I suppose. This blade grind and steel on a gen-6 are absolute heaven.

The washer thing could pose a problem.

With all that said. It's the only thing on the Market that will kick a Sebenza out of my pocket .

2 hours of fitting and finishing. The PB washers work almost as well as the bearings .

It shouldn't take so much effort. But I guarantee I have the smoothest Gen 6 PB available :)

After playing with this thing for a few hours tonight, I am completely blown away. It is amazing the difference in action with the ball bearings. And the DLC stonewash finish on the blade is really done well and mesmerizing. My favorite DLC Blade I have ever seen by far. I have some PB washers showing up tomorrow for my Gen 4 Skinner, excited to see how that changes it.

The only question I have, if anyone knows, does Rick still carberize the lock bar? Because it shows sign of being heated up. I was just curious as to why since they all now have a lockbar insert.

Edit- I really love this blade shape, glad I picked this up over the Slicer for sure.
CF6A39C5-FA7B-4569-9A20-A5BF52E5DEF3.jpeg0E27358C-C878-4906-BA81-D9C5BF4B6A5B.jpeg

The truth .

The issue is that the phosphorus bronze washers are a bit too thick. It does not allow the pivot to be tightened down to center the blade and allow smooth action.

I have sanded down the PB washers quite a bit and they are still not at the proper spec to allow smooth operation, centered blade and no blade play.

Another 10 minutes or so and I should have the PB washers within spec but I'm a pretty handy guy and I've been working on knives for years. The average user that purchases this knife might not be able to do the same thing.

I have the same issue with the PB Washers on my swear point. I sanded them down and reinstalled them twice, but gave up out of fear of overdoing it. The knife is amazing on bearings and I didn't have the patience to keep sanding and refitting the washers.

This is the first I've heard of anyone else having the same issue, I wonder if any others have this problem too, but just don't know it because they leave it on bearings.

When I strip mine down for a hardware change out I will try to PB washers and see if I run into the same problem.

I tried both sets of washers on the first I bought couldn't tell much difference from the bearings ... the slightest bit when closing the blade didn't fall completly shut as smoothly ... but very close ....

the knife was great on all three systems. I haven't tried washers on the other 2 Gen 6s yet.

Does anyone know what the tan/brown "film" is on the bearing cut out on the blade? This is my 4th gen 6 hinderer and I don't remember seeing this on my other three. It's not factory gunk or lube as I've used several degreasers and nothing comes off and it's really hard as well as I've tried scraping it with a flathead and nothing happens. Is it hardened or somethingfor the bearings?
https://imgur.com/a/QYYz0ge

Does anyone know what the tan/brown "film" is on the bearing cut out on the blade? This is my 4th gen 6 hinderer and I don't remember seeing this on my other three. It's not factory gunk or lube as I've used several degreasers and nothing comes off and it's really hard as well as I've tried scraping it with a flathead and nothing happens. Is it hardened or somethingfor the bearings?
Looks to me like it is the heat treat before it was stonewashed, and they didn’t want to stonewash that area for some reason...

Maybe it's just discolored from the heat of milling it out .

Last edited:
Almost done converting to a non flipper.

Softened the detent and running on Teflon.

Oh well these things happen sometimes.

Back