New Dual Survival Personality is no Longer a secret

Why does almost every "survival expert" have to be some ex-commando high-speed/low drag spec-ops operator? Its as if, if you havent been in the military, then you wont hack it.

We need more guys like Ray Mears IMO.

Maybe the Discovery channel could start a new show with that guy from Man, Woman, Wild, the new guy from Dual Survivor, and the new guy's brother. They could call that show Myke Hawke and a Pair of Tetis.

You may think this sounds ridiculous but now that you've let it out of the bag some network exec is gonna steal this from you, then sue you for this post.

Why does almost every "survival expert" have to be some ex-commando high-speed/low drag spec-ops operator? Its as if, if you havent been in the military, then you wont hack it.

Most people watch these shows to see someone eat maggots, drink their own pee and jump off a cliff.
Thats what brings in the big ratings, sad as it is.
Ray Mears is way above those peoples heads

Most people watch these shows to see someone eat maggots, drink their own pee and jump off a cliff.
Thats what brings in the big ratings, sad as it is.
Ray Mears is way above those peoples heads

Yep ^^

I am looking forward to the new season. I always liked Dave C even though he was a bit much at times. There is no acceptable excuse for lying about his resume. Entertaining would be a good word for Dave. You need a slightly reckless or unpredictable person to balance out Cody L otherwise the show will probably be ho hum. I hope they continue to give you a sense of what and why they do things and make it educational to some degree. The younger outdoor types really like these survival shows. For my part, they don't need to drink their own urine or suck liquids from elephant dung to keep the show interesting.

Still have heard ZERO about Mykel Hawk's new show which is supposed to be on the Outdoor Channel. He does a pretty good show as well, and if I ignore the kissy stuff with his wife, I really liked his show and told him so at the Blade Show. He didn't have to do the kissy stuff to demonstrate that he cares about his wife.

Hawkes new show looks like SWAT dudes going through different scenarios etc. Not survival.

Yea it's funny. Had a guy tell me and a friend (we both were at Bragg) he was a Delta Operator. I asked him about their compound and he didn't have a clue, then said he couldn't talk about. In the late 80's you knew where it was if you were at Bragg but knew not to ask about it.

Ha!!! I was at Bragg in the late 80's - down on the 'street'. Delta? Wassat - it's a table saw isn't it? You know, to make boards....

If you click the link with his name you get a photo of what looks like a constipated Mykel Hawke :p Sorry but that was the first thing that popped in my head before I could even read the article

I don't think that's what they're trying to imply. I just think that the producers know that those types will clash with Cody causing drama aka ratings:rolleyes:.

And here's a link to the "truth" about Canterbury

That link has been passed around as absolute fact for a couple of years now. Do you have direct knowledge that Dave Canterbury actually made the claims listed in that 'truth' post? I've watched a handful of his videos and saw his qualification list posted by the Discovery Channel. These claims were not listed in either.

Practically everyone and everything you see on TV is fake anyway. Who cares if he really did what he said on his "Resume" He did what he had to get the a job and take care of himself and family. People lie on Resumes all the time to get work. In the end Dave got to do a lot of really cool stuff that he othewise would not have been able to do and let me tell you it's the things you don't do that you regret on your deathbed. I don't think Dave is going to sweat this one little bit when his time comes, he probably will be glad he did it.

It's not like he lied about being a "War Hero" now that would be Stolen Valor but but what he lied about...no that is not Stolen Valor.

I still cant believe Dave sparked an ember from the sun with a clear plastic bag filled with cloudy urine.

Personally I could care less whether Dave lied about his Military service, He was probably goaded into it by the Show so they could up thier ratings anyway. He was entertaining, and to this day seems like a genuinely nice guy. I still watch his videos on youtube and as long as he keeps comming up with new useful stuff I always will.

You put my thoughts in to words for me, thank you.

Last edited:
Back