New Dual Survival Personality is no Longer a secret

@zpstl
Best analysis of the situation I have read anywhere! I am sure you are right. It was Cody's show from the start, he was doing stuff for Discovery long before Dual Survivor, he actually had a piolt or two about coaching a group of survivors that didn't go anywhere and did guest spots like "digging for truth". Combine that with the fact that his politics were correct and he spouts the enlightened conservation agenda that show producers hold dear with their liberal buddies at cocktail parties. He couldn't take being shown up time and again. There is a video on youtube called Cody Lundin Jungle party, it is very revealing, it shows him taking questions in a school in his hometown after the completion of the first season of Dual, the audience kept asking him about Dave and you can see his ego being brusied. At one point he tells them to "get rid of this kid" because the young boy asked him another question about Dave, you can hear gasps of astonishment from the audience that he would dismiss the young kid like that. Cody's blog comments are very disparging about Dave , as well as his remarks in the interview videos about his new partner and the thinly veiled allusions to his former partner's dishonesty. Those comments he has made about Dave since Dave was fired make me think he had a large coercive role in getting Dave fired. Probably giving Discovery a passive agressive ultimatum in the form of walking out if Dave stays.

Well I have to say that I think Joe may have been a great SF Operator but I don't think he is a good Wilderness Survival Expert. I would not not want to be lost with him but Cody would be fine.

Well I have to say that I think Joe may have been a great SF Operator but I don't think he is a good Wilderness Survival Expert. I would not not want to be lost with him but Cody would be fine.

Exactly my thoughts

Why they chose him to pair up with Cody is a complete mystery to me

It's a survival show--pick another survival expert to pair up with Cody..

I do not think he adds anything to the show...

Joe is a warrior to be sure--but this is not a Military show

It's a Survival show

Or am I missing something???

And Yes--I know this is all scripted to make it entertaining to the viewers

But It would be A LOT more entertaining(and educational) with another Survival expert and not Joe.

Watching the show now, I am going to hold back judgement until I see a couple new episodes.

Joe flat out said that he prefers someone with will to survive over education to survive... I dont like the dynamic. BTW, what was that blade he had?

Will they be posted online? I would be interested to watch them but do not have cable. I would also find it interesting to pair two survival experts together because as we all are aware no one is fully prepared for every situation.

Only if you are in dire need of water. And not more than a couple days Field manuals have it on their DO NOT DRINK lists though.

Why does almost every "survival expert" have to be some ex-commando high-speed/low drag spec-ops operator? Its as if, if you havent been in the military, then you wont hack it.

We need more guys like Ray Mears IMO.

Because in the Military, you don't have a film crew, medical crew and support crew following you every step of the way in order to market a film.

In Hollywood, a tv show fails, everybody goes home and says "meh, we'll come up with a better schpiel that someone else will bankroll"....

In the Military, if your "show" fails...people come home in caskets.

Huge difference.

Give Joe some time. They chose him for a reason. Cody seems to dominate but they are introducing the audience to Joe. His accent reminds me of home.

I'm watching the "unbraided" preview to the new season as I type this and whoa, how have I never heard of this show before? I fully expecting to be hopelessly hooked on it. :D

Edit: initial reaction, joe seems to be in a perpetual bad mood, and Cody's a bit of a doucher.

Just watched an episode with the new guy..... I don't think him and Cody go well together all. I liked the chemistry Dave and Cody had.

Teti seems to be too eager to 'prove' himself as a TV personality.... Hopefully he will settle down over the first couple episodes.

I think allot of the disgruntled opinions and dramatic hokum is staged. After all it is a semi- reality show in an age of reality shows. al of these shows are not designed for folks like us, we are the minority. they are designed for for the "dude, that guy drank his own piss crowd" No secret I'm a big Cody fan, He's one of my fav modern experts. Never heard of Joe before. I certainly wouldn;t want to fight him, I can tell you that, and he obviously has knowledge, and skill.
So I will continues to watch the show, mostly because right now it;s the only trick in town. I'll glean what I can out of it. and scrap the payed up tv drama.

Joe Teti's knife in some of the scenes from the "Unbraided" show, looked like a TOPS Fire Strike, and in others his own TOPS knife.

What was with the exaggerated way he draws it from the sheath and holds it up over his head like it's a sword????? :)

Last edited:
Back