New Emerson EDC / Multitool

I wonder how many of you guys are ripping into the the Chinese made tool on a Chinese made computer or smart phone.

I love the design of this tool. I read somewhere a person suggesting they put the pry bar somewhere inside the tool to make it more comfortable to hold. Sounds like a good idea but I love it on the outside. Its showing off the form and function of the design, just like all the other emerson designs. It is what they are all about... we've all heard of the wave feature?? A simple and ingenious design, i believe the same applies here...

I dont like to carry many items so i usually just have a multitool... Always wishing i had a real blade on my besides the one in the multitool... Well here is a soultion. And aptly name if I dont say... Being a multitool and also being made by multitasker is just a huge plus...

My question to you guys is:
How useful are those prybar wrenches?? Ive never used one. My only issue is tightening or loosening a bolt that mite be connected to a hose or pipe... What do u do then? Maybe an open wrench on one side of the prybar or even both???

Well, regardless.. I still want one... any pics of the other two colors????

How useful are those prybar wrenches?? Ive never used one. My only issue is tightening or loosening a bolt that mite be connected to a hose or pipe... What do u do then?

I've used it to pry open dozens of bottles already :D As for inaccessible bolts, that's what the multitool in the other pocket is for!

Since I actually own one and edc it. I thought I might weigh in. It is very well made with the fit and finish you would expect from Emerson. I've been very happy with it. It has recently displaced my leather man from my pocket in my every day carry rotation. I find myself using all of the tools and I'm very glad I bought it. I feel the price is fair for the utility I have received. I have no complaints.

I'll never give Leatherman a dime - made in the USA or not. Any company that is anti-gun will not see my money.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I have an old Gerber MT that suits me just fine and don't own any Leatherman products. I just looked up information on what you said and darned if you aren't right!

Emerson MT made in China AND $185.................I think I'll pass.

Well, I'm in. Just ordered an EDC-1 last night. Should be here in a few days. The only reason I hesitated was I use a file sometimes, I would have liked one on this.

This thread needs MORE PICS!

EDC-1 with my most recently purchased and my most recently sharpened knives :)

Emerson_Friends.jpg

These guys are my partners in crime :D

Partners_in_Crime.jpg

Got it. Quick! from New Graham. :)

I like the knife. I like the whole tool. Not too heavy, fairly ergonomic for a multitool, comfortable in my hand in use. Drivers are fun at 90 degrees. :)
Naturally, nothing here is broken for me to fix with this. Maybe tomorrow I'll take it back outside to see how it holds up in 90 degree temperature!

I think its a good thing that someone at multitasker has taken it personally that there product is being picked on. They must believe in it which is refreshing.

While I do think that the price is very generous(not multitaskers fault), it seems like a good tool.

... it seems like a good tool.

Should have mentioned, it is held together with flathead screws, easy to adjust or tighten. The small screws holding the prybar bracket seem to be tiny hex screws. Nothing flimsy.

How well does the pry bar hold in? I'm am afraid I would lose it...right now that concern and the price point are what hold me back from one of these.

The pry bar stays in really well, I think you would have to be doing something pretty crazy to have it fall out accidentally.

EDC-1 with my most recently purchased and my most recently sharpened knives :)

Emerson_Friends.jpg

These guys are my partners in crime :D

Partners_in_Crime.jpg

Well done sir! Great pictures/comparisons. From a side view how much thicker than a leatherman wave is this..... it really doesn't matter to me now as I definitely plan on ordering one but I carry the Wave right now so I wondering.

Bump.

Eli

Back