New Forum software thread. . .

I found one small, yet annoying, little bug. When viewing topic threads in Safari 5.0.4, the little Facebook Icon thingy at the top that says "Sign Up to see what your friends like" doesn't quite fit in the designated field. The result is that the brower switches the text from one line to two lines about every 1/2 second or so, thereby causing the screen to jump up and down a few pixels continually. Here are two screenshots of the field I'm referring to, with each condition shown.

One line field....

0f3f641babedbf7615fc255fe392a6075eb27b6b2b2d89b318f56db8165f72555g.jpg

Two line field....

5c6521a389685a2534f05793c396b708747060f9d2ba4793f5f89ccf37acb97a5g.jpg

This issue doesn't occur in MS Explorer, but I don't really want to have to default to that browser just to hang out here. I know you guys (especially Spark) are really busy, but it would be great if someone could look into this.

Thanks,

I found one small, yet annoying, little bug. When viewing topic threads in Safari 5.0.4, the little Facebook Icon thingy at the top that says "Sign Up to see what your friends like" doesn't quite fit in the designated field. The result is that the brower switches the text from one line to two lines about every 1/2 second or so, thereby causing the screen to jump up and down a few pixels continually. Here are two screenshots of the field I'm referring to, with each condition shown.

One line field....

0f3f641babedbf7615fc255fe392a6075eb27b6b2b2d89b318f56db8165f72555g.jpg

Two line field....

5c6521a389685a2534f05793c396b708747060f9d2ba4793f5f89ccf37acb97a5g.jpg

This issue doesn't occur in MS Explorer, but I don't really want to have to default to that browser just to hang out here. I know you guys (especially Spark) are really busy, but it would be great if someone could look into this.

Thanks,

I would suggest blocking that frame with adblock plus or whatever other method works on your browser.

Edit : AAHHH, I just realized the boarder of the envelopes are slightly different. Read vs unread....I'm color blind and the colors of the envelope boarders are HARD for me to differ-ate between the two....crap.

+1 on replacing the horrible envelopes. Saw that you said it was low priority, just stating my opinion.
The contrast of background to text in the Dark style seems way too harsh to me.
[/QUOTE]

I know you've got your hands full Spark, but is this something that could be changed (the envelope colors) more contrast between the two, for people with color deficiencies? If it's low priority I understand, but is it something your even considering?

Thanks Rat. I wasn't able to block the frame with adblock for some reason, but i was able to manually add www.facebook.com to the block list and that worked. I don't use facebook so no loss.

I can't figure out how add something to my block list. This !@#%@ facebook thing is driving me CRAZY! Perhaps someone can give me more detailed instructions before I go postal or something.

I can't figure out how add something to my block list. This !@#%@ facebook thing is driving me CRAZY! Perhaps someone can give me more detailed instructions before I go postal or something.

Gonna need to know what browser you're using.

Is the facebook jitter fixed yet?

Are you using adblock plus? Right click and block. Or hit ctrl shift v to open the list of blockable items and do it that way.

If you are not using adblock, you should, makes the internet much less annoying.

Just another request to do something about the cluttered look of the subforum view. Contrast....

ESEE.jpg

... with ...

BFC.jpg

The top view is much easier to scan, read, digest, etc.

To each his own. I prefer the current version: more information. Also, I find it easier to read across without that huge empty expanse.

They won't listen Guyon there's no comparison as far as I'm concerned. :(

Last edited:
Just adding my voice.........

1. The new layout is too busy
2. There is not enough difference between read and unread threads when viewing a sub forum.
3. I think it would make a big difference if we could get rid of all the background colours, it looks like a dogs breakfast at the moment.
4. Can we hide the announcements at the top of each page

Last edited:
The big orange announcements?
Click on the x in the upper right corner.

Thanks Esav.

Maybe my settings are different to yours?? I see the announcements as dark text over a light grey back ground and there is no x? Also, the number of announcements varies depending on which sub forum I am in.

Ah, those announcements! I was thinking of the temporary announcements Spark put up about the ongoing changes to the new software.

The ones you are looking at are instructions, and too few people pay attention to them. Which is why mods give out so many warnings and infractions.

2. There is not enough difference between read and unread threads when viewing a sub forum.

I agree with this one. Right now it's showing orange for "hot" threads, which is distracting and not very informative. Maybe the colored graphics could be used for "read" and "unread" instead?

It does for me but only when I hover over the rightmost column. I am using large print.

Same here -- it's only when I hover over the rightmost column of color squares. I am using large print and Firefox 3.

I'm using Firefox 3 and BFC Style 1. The color picker is all over the place for me. Can this one make your list, Spark?

Thanks again. I'm getting used to this style.

Back