1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Forum software thread. . .

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Rat Finkenstein, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    I know you are still fiddling with it, but will there be an option of using the old style and format? Seems like half the forums I belong to switched to this new style recently, and it is pretty awful. Not just the colors as you posted on top, but the layout and navigability/readability suffers.

I would like to use the old stock format, large type.

2. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    I agree. The new layout is bad!

3. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    You know, I just saw the date. . . it would be awesome if this was just a cruel April fool's joke.

4. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    I'm going to try to recreate a large type version. It's on my list of things. Just not at the top. Please be patient

5. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    I like the new format...it looks more up to date.

6. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    But im still seeing the top-banner even though im logged in. No worries though, im sure Spark will fix all the issues one at a time.

7. Troy H

Troy H I'm always like this. Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    Just testing the "multi-quote" feature. Did this exist in the old version and I just missed it?

8. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Yes. :)

9. Troy H

Jan 28, 2005
    Okay, well, I'm sure it wasn't as cool with the old software as it is now. :rolleyes:

BTW, despite the button being visible, I'm still not able to infract you. I did try, though. :)

10. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Ok, there is a drop down box at the bottom of the page now that allows you to select styles. Select LARGE PRINT. I've upped some of the font sizes in the forums as a stopgap for that style ONLY. I'm going to tweak it as I can, not right away though.

EDIT: Nevermind, back to the drawing board

11. Gunny Bob

Gunny Bob

Jan 21, 2006
    Was under the impression that a paid subscription did away with the ads.

12. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Thank you! :)

If you happen to stumble across any options for individual users to change their forum window background color view, like say...white to silver or gray as an example, could you please activate this too?

Thanxx for all the extra work & effort to keep the site kickin', Spark!

Oh, really??? ...Red Mods can't infract each other! Hey Spark, could you please upgrade me to SuperMod for just 2 minutes? I need to make Abbott's head spin 360joules... err, degrees!! ;);) :D (J/K!!)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  13. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    We're working on it.

14. Troy H

Jan 28, 2005
    Good news... THERE'S A MOBILE STYLE!!!

Bad news... it doesn't quite work yet.

Thanks, Kevin. My Iphone thanks you - at least it will once this feature is up and running. I understand there's a list of items ahead of it, though. :)

15. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks for your hard work Spark. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now.

Get some rest eh?

16. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    I think the ads are gone for paid members. Not sure.

Going to bed now. PLEASE REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD.

17. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Spark,

Ads are no longer showing. :thumbup: Get some good sleep! You deserve it & then some! :)

18. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    I miss having the tabs with the various forum categories across the top of each screen. As far as I can see, the only way to choose a different forum is hit the HOME button and go back to that screen. Or use the QUICK NAVIGATION thingee at the bottom of each page, which is not very useful.

19. John E Woven

John E Woven

Oct 31, 2009
    can we please have default vbulletin style (example), with the large and easy to navigate forums, as opposed to the older-styled huge random list of stuff ?

20. bowmore17

bowmore17 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Can we have the old software back.