New Forum software thread. . .

I know you are still fiddling with it, but will there be an option of using the old style and format? Seems like half the forums I belong to switched to this new style recently, and it is pretty awful. Not just the colors as you posted on top, but the layout and navigability/readability suffers.

I would like to use the old stock format, large type.

You know, I just saw the date. . . it would be awesome if this was just a cruel April fool's joke.

I'm going to try to recreate a large type version. It's on my list of things. Just not at the top. Please be patient

But im still seeing the top-banner even though im logged in. No worries though, im sure Spark will fix all the issues one at a time.

I know you are still fiddling with it, but will there be an option of using the old style and format? Seems like half the forums I belong to switched to this new style recently, and it is pretty awful. Not just the colors as you posted on top, but the layout and navigability/readability suffers.

I would like to use the old stock format, large type.

You know, I just saw the date. . . it would be awesome if this was just a cruel April fool's joke.

I agree. The new layout is bad!

Just testing the "multi-quote" feature. Did this exist in the old version and I just missed it?

Okay, well, I'm sure it wasn't as cool with the old software as it is now. :rolleyes:

BTW, despite the button being visible, I'm still not able to infract you. I did try, though. :)

Ok, there is a drop down box at the bottom of the page now that allows you to select styles. Select LARGE PRINT. I've upped some of the font sizes in the forums as a stopgap for that style ONLY. I'm going to tweak it as I can, not right away though.

EDIT: Nevermind, back to the drawing board

I'm going to try to recreate a large type version. It's on my list of things. Just not at the top. Please be patient

Thank you! :)

If you happen to stumble across any options for individual users to change their forum window background color view, like say...white to silver or gray as an example, could you please activate this too?

Thanxx for all the extra work & effort to keep the site kickin', Spark!

Okay, well, I'm sure it wasn't as cool with the old software as it is now. :rolleyes:

BTW, despite the button being visible, I'm still not able to infract you. I did try, though. :)

Oh, really??? ...Red Mods can't infract each other! Hey Spark, could you please upgrade me to SuperMod for just 2 minutes? I need to make Abbott's head spin 360joules... err, degrees!! ;);) :D (J/K!!)

Last edited:
We're working on it.

Good news... THERE'S A MOBILE STYLE!!!

Bad news... it doesn't quite work yet.

Thanks, Kevin. My Iphone thanks you - at least it will once this feature is up and running. I understand there's a list of items ahead of it, though. :)

Thanks for your hard work Spark. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now.

Get some rest eh?

I think the ads are gone for paid members. Not sure.

Going to bed now. PLEASE REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD.

Spark,

Ads are no longer showing. :thumbup: Get some good sleep! You deserve it & then some! :)

I miss having the tabs with the various forum categories across the top of each screen. As far as I can see, the only way to choose a different forum is hit the HOME button and go back to that screen. Or use the QUICK NAVIGATION thingee at the bottom of each page, which is not very useful.

Last edited:
can we please have default vbulletin style (example), with the large and easy to navigate forums, as opposed to the older-styled huge random list of stuff ?

Back