• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? New Guys Selling and Trading on BF?

Would you buy any knife over $100.00 form a brand new member with zero feedback?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 54 43.9%

• Total voters
I do not like to sell to a non-paying member or someone I cannot send a message to through BF. New Gold or higher member no problem selling to them.

^^^^ This. I prefer to sell to those who support the forum financially, even our newest members. I can definitely appreciate a dedicated basic/registered member with 100 posts or 10K posts; I just can't understand how they can't (or won't) swing $30/yr. As for selling/buying/trading with someone with zero/low feedback, I handle that on a case-by-case basis.

I'm sure getting a lot of contact from "sleeper" accounts in my WTS ads.

Accounts that are a few years old with no posts and no feedback. I realize they may have traded before as many people don't leave feedback here (I've even asked 3-5x before with no response) but I don't remember it being like this in years past.

I've been noticing it more and more myself. Knives, and especially exlusive/sprint runs are becoming more and more in vogue so I think the increased emergence of new sellers/flippers just comes with the territory. I expect it to get worse to be honest. On the plus side, knives gaining popularity has given us all kinds of new models/steels to try out lately which I think is pretty cool.

This is the kind of stuff I don't like though. Doing my best to ignore the fact that he's asking more than triple the MSRP on knives that were made with the purpose of raising money for first responder charities of the 9/11 tragedy (which is absolutely shameful)... The guy has two total posts, zero feedback, and he's asking people to send a money order or use Zelle so there is no recourse if he scams the person... On a $2,500 - $2,700 purchase.

Last edited:
This is the kind of stuff I don't like though. Doing my best to ignore the fact that he's asking more than triple the MSRP on knives that were made with the purpose of raising money for first responder charities of the 9/11 tragedy (which is absolutely shameful)... The guy has two total posts, zero feedback, and he's asking people to send a money order or use Zelle so there is no recourse if he scams the person... On a $2,500 - $4,000 purchase.
Anybody who would try to profit off those knives, especially in such a blatant and extreme way, is soulless scum. I'm fairly hopeful that the rest of BF will feel the same though, and he'll have to find somewhere else to be a shameful opportunist.

Back