New Hybrid Viper EO Teardrop

Thank you sorry I tried searching by the name of the knife and by brand but brand had too many results and name just gave me mention of it in numerous other threads.

Mods feel free to lock/close/delete/merge this thread as you see fit.

I ordered the Micarta today I couldn't decide before hand if I wanted the Micarta or Bocote I am excited for this knife. I missed out on a chance to reserve the Burl but looking at it while it is beautiful I just don't know that I would love it as much on this knife as I would the Micarta. I am curious @knifeswapper how many of the Burl did you end up getting?

I just got me email today to notify me that the CollectorKnives Viper EZ Open is available and I just ordered the Canvas Micarta and am looking forward to it. Who else thinks these things look great and has ordered one and if so which one?
when I saw the natural canvas, switched my order from the CF to that. it's pretty, and so is that Maple burl!

I ordered a canvas micarta today too. Pretty excited to see this one. Maybe I'll add a lanyard as I don't love the sharp end. But love EO notches!

Looks good. :thumbsup: The burl is especially cool... bet those go for top dollar if anyone is foolish enough not to keep it. The bocote seems to have lots of character as well. The blades look great. Any first hand experience cutting or are these still in the mail?

Sort of reminds me of these oldies. Very traditional appearance.

MaPdYyj.jpg

WqgYV1c.jpg

Looks good. :thumbsup: The burl is especially cool... bet those go for top dollar if anyone is foolish enough not to keep it. The bocote seems to have lots of character as well. The blades look great. Any first hand experience cutting or are these still in the mail?

Sort of reminds me of these oldies. Very traditional appearance.

MaPdYyj.jpg

WqgYV1c.jpg

They are still in the mail. Mike’s backed up so we may not receive them until the weekend or next week.

Have too many incomings so passing on bocote. The CF seems to match this knife so well, so I’m sure I’ll be happy.

Mine came also. First impressions are mostly good. I see little fault. I love the opening and closing.

I have one concern and three preference thoughts.

My concern is that i hope the pivot is secure. If it loosens and goes off center, appears that there is no way to tighten it myself.

My three preferences were:

1. I wish the CF was more polished. It’s more of a matte finish. I think a glossier finish would match better, but it’s not bad.
2. Like always I’d like a clip point blade.
3. I’ve really grown to love small knives. The size on this is good, but I wouldn’t mind smaller slabs of CF to thin it a hair more, though it’s not thick.

I’ve j my handles it for a few minutes, but I’m really stoked on it. Hope to have some more time to relax this evening and play with knives.

I'm excited to get mine in hand! Hopefully tomorrow!

Of course I had to order a maple burl when the opportunity presented itself. All the cover choices look pretty darn nice in the pics, making for some difficult decisions.

Looking forward to some more observations from new owners. :)

Mine came also. First impressions are mostly good. I see little fault. I love the opening and closing.

I have one concern and three preference thoughts.

My concern is that i hope the pivot is secure. If it loosens and goes off center, appears that there is no way to tighten it myself.

My three preferences were:

1. I wish the CF was more polished. It’s more of a matte finish. I think a glossier finish would match better, but it’s not bad.
2. Like always I’d like a clip point blade.
3. I’ve really grown to love small knives. The size on this is good, but I wouldn’t mind smaller slabs of CF to thin it a hair more, though it’s not thick.

I’ve j my handles it for a few minutes, but I’m really stoked on it. Hope to have some more time to relax this evening and play with knives.

How well does it cut? I'm anxious to hear some feedback on performance. I've been eyeing the bocote--very classic!

How well does it cut? I'm anxious to hear some feedback on performance. I've been eyeing the bocote--very classic!

Blade is so tal thatvthe FFG makes it very thin. I expect great slicing.

I’m anticipating jotting down a more detailed review.

I noticed the Burl option cane available on the site. So tempted. Bocote looks amazing. I wish they posted pics of individual knives so you could pick.

Love the blade shape! Lack of nail nick will take some getting used too. So will the action, as I don’t really own anything that’s not a slipjoint. Wood, though beautiful, feels a bit plastic-y.
All in all, these will make terrific users. I love my 85s, and I think this is similar enough, yet different enough, to be a real winner.

How did I miss this thread? Perhaps it is better that I haven't noticed it before now, or I would have bought one before the recent spate of unexpected bills put an end to knife purchases for the time being. I hope this is offered in the future, I really like this knife.

Back