New knife rumors: 2019 SHOT show

I think a 3.5 inch version of the original Spyderco Techno would be pretty sweet, but I know that will probably not happen.

I think it would work well with some Marble or simple black CF, a geared backspacer with either a blue or a bronze ano/alternatively a dark tumbled finish (match the Lockbar and other Hardware), maybe just put a circle around the torx on the pivot (IE connect the single holes) and maybe do the same/something similar with the thumb stud, it's relatively minimal re-work, gives the knife a much more neutral look while being cost effective.

I agree. The 0850 is such a good knife it deserves an improved design with greater appeal. Last month, I watched the price on BladeHQ drop $100 overnight but even at $229 (which I thought was a steal) I still couldn't get past the funky revolver theme.

I wish of Al Mar to have knives made again.
Also a Spyderco Baby Jess with nicer scales than G10 - it's supposed to be a Gentleman's knife.
Some software or hedge fund person with deep pockets and love of the product to buy Queen, get good people and equipment and bring the company to new heights.

- SOG will announce discontinuation of all its folders to focus on fixed blades, and that it's moving production from China back to Japan.

- Spyderco will announce that Marcin Slysz and Peter Rassenti are now heading design teams at the company, and each will preview 3 new knives.

- Crucible will show a new steel, S250V, containing >70% iron. Bark River will show a knife that says S250V on the blade.

- Emerson, Hinderer, and Strider will show a limited collaboration piece focusing on fit and finish, strong detent, and large pivot bearing surfaces.

- Chris Reeve Knives will show a new Inkosi with an officially licensed SpyderHole® opening system and carbon fiber stickers over G10 inlays.

- Custom Knife Factory will announce its acquisition of Green Thorn Dicoria Alibaba Knife Industry Co., Ltd.

- ZT will announce a new sprint run with pink carbon fiber, a compound grind, and an assist.

This thread title is misleading.

Some rumors I've heard about - The Bugout will be released in some different variations from Benchmade.

I'll second that nomination. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I consider the 0850 to be one of 2018's most profoundly weird and disappointing designs from a mainstream manufacturer. Aesthetics aside, though, it's nicely done, has butter smooth action and good ergos. I'd buy one right now if it were redesigned to the specs you mentioned.

Yeah, I really liked so much about it in terms of material and design, but some of the aesthetics just ended up turning me off from it. The huge barrel thumb stud thing and the blade shape, mainly.

I would assume fixed also, since the Bowie has been done in both the XM18 and XM24*.
*I would LOVE one of these.

I might buy a bowie XM18 if we see a Gen 6 run with that blade shape.

return of the Benchmade 710 with cocobolo handles and upgraded metal like M4, CTS-XHP, M390 etc :)

Production collaborations from Gareth Bull, and some of the other SA knife makers.

A Cold Steel 3 Max. I would take a 3.5 Max, I guess. They haven't finished iterating the Steve Austin line in every color and size there can possibly be, so it's going to be at least another seven years before the design team gets bored, and takes another look at the 4 Max.

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

That’s something I would really like to see; production versions of Gareth Bull knives. Me and a friend’s earlier shamwaris both have little issues here and there.

I’m sure a production version would be more standardized on a knife to knife basis and thus these issues could be ironed out.

I wonder if he worries no one will buy a custom shamwari if he does this but really custom knives don’t become less desiresble because a production version is available. Atleast some nice midtechs would be sick. The shamwari is highly desired and I’m almost sure they would sell like hotcakes.

Doesn’t even have to be the shamwari model. He could design a new model.

return of the Benchmade 710 with cocobolo handles and upgraded metal like M4, CTS-XHP, M390 etc :)

I was sad because Knifeworks got a dealer exclusive M390 BM710... but then they boogered it up with blue/black G10. Uglified.

Back