1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New knives from Blade Show?

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by farcry33, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Maxx1954

Maxx1954

Jun 11, 2015
    I understand that Kizer is coming out with a new knife Ki4469A2. This is a great looking knife and I believe will have a ad coming out sometime in Blade Magazine. The knife has titanium handles with a new pivot screw design and blue hardware. Also the blade has the new Kizer logo design. I don't have any other details at this time.

2. degs

degs

Oct 28, 2013
    [video=youtube;QS6nR86FP5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS6nR86FP5w[/video]

3. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Any specs on the Ray Laconico designed Fortunado with the FFG blade?

4. raylaconico

raylaconico

Jan 30, 2004
    The blade on that one is about 3 1/8". Also they've changed the name to "Gemini" which I think fits the knife better.

5. flash900

flash900

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks, Ray, really good-looking.

What is the ETA?

6. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks Ray. Wish the blade length was 3" or just under just to make it legal carry in more places. Like this a lot. It'll be my first Kizer in quite a while.

7. raylaconico

raylaconico

Jan 30, 2004
    Last I heard from them it will be ready late August

8. flash900

flash900

Jan 17, 2010
    Excellent!

9. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    What's the latest on the Kizer Gemini (formerly Fortunado)?

10. el_duderino04

el_duderino04

Jul 27, 2009
    I am also very interested in hearing if there's been an update for the ETA on the Gemini. The most recent thing I've seen was that it has been added to Kizer's website, with an MSRP of $200.

11. el_duderino04

el_duderino04

Jul 27, 2009
    As a point of reference, the Splinter (which usually goes for around $120 at most dealers) has an MSRP of $176.

12. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    With the street price being about 30% off MSRP we should be looking at a street price of around $140 for the Gemini. That would be sweet!

http://www.kizer-tbt.com/a/product/shadow/2015/0807/124.html

13. Misanthropia

Misanthropia Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    All of the new models are up on the Kizer site! Predictably, they look awesome. Definitely see an Intrepid, Duke, and Shoal in my future.

Kizer has officially made a knife for foot fetishists though. The "Walkabout" is the single most regrettable knife design of all time, I'm calling it now.

14. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    The Walkabout (Ki3309) is a funny design and would look better without the footprints on the scale. The footprint on the blade is the opening mechanism. I like the 2.91" blade length.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. raylaconico

raylaconico

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm excited to see the production knives when they come out. What they have on the website is pre-production. I've asked them to make a few mostly cosmetic changes to my designs. They're also supposed to have a linerlock version of each design with G10 scales and VG10 blades. I'll be carrying one of the linerlocks, I think!

16. farcry33

farcry33 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I wonder why the frame lock steel insert screws are crooked...hmmm

17. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    I just found this knife on knife outlet and saw that they changed a couple things on the knife. Makes it a little bit better but still a very wild looking knife.

18. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Yes. This is what the Walkabout looks like at the KnifeWorks website:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I verified with Joyce from Kizer that the Walkabout will have washers, not bearings, in case others are interested (I got an email a member who was).

20. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    I was wondering about that.....I just saw Blade HQ just posted the new Cucchiara models and I must say they are a bit higher in price than I expected.