1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New knives from Blade Show?

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by farcry33, Jun 7, 2015.

1. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Agreed. They're in the $220-$240 range and I was hoping they'd keep them right at $200!

2. farcry33

farcry33 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2013
    That's exactly what I thought; the new designs and the steel insert must of brought the price up. I might wait for a used one to pop up here or see how much the other models will be.

3. xICEMANx

xICEMANx Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2012
    The Dukes looks cool, not to keen on the others. Can't wait for the Laconico models. Ray just posted a pic of the liner locks on his Instagram.

4. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    The Laconico look awesome and I love the blade shape. I'm crossing my fingers that they're a little bit better on price than the Duke/Trifecta/Bad Dog.

5. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, the only one I kinda like is the Dukes. The Bad Dog blades look a little Onionish. I think these will probably come down in price after a while; the first adopters have to pay the "new" tax. When the 4450's came out they were a little higher priced too but now they sell at an almost constant discount to listed price. Matt's earlier collabs with Kizer have been on sale from time to time also.

Wait...are those dropping bombs on the scales of the Bad Dog? This finally proves that Chinese knives ARE a threat to our way of life!

Okay, bad joke.

6. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    Do you know if the liner lock is titanium or steel?

7. Hackenslash

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm thinking Ti, I don't believe Kizer has ever done steel liners. Kizer Intrepid in LL or FL...LL with a VG10 blade and FL with S35VN. The LL might be very affordable with G10/VG10 combination. I might need to pick one of these up.

8. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    Hopefully, they make them with steel liners.

9. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    Hey guys I am actually doing a little work with them and will have some more info , along with some pics of the 2015 line-up very soon....stay posted

actually waiting on them to get back from Tisurvival.com, Cucchiara & Degnan & Laconico designs , they all look great , also really like how they are giving us two versions so we can customize the plain version ourselves.....nice option

thanks guys

10. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    Frame is Ti , but with steel inserts.....

11. degs

degs

Oct 28, 2013
    Here are some more pictures. The Liner locks are steel. I have all of these in hand, and will be making a few small tweaks to them before they go into full production.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Hackenslash

Jul 25, 2014
    Nice, I may have to get both of those models. Do you have names for them yet?

13. degs

degs

Oct 28, 2013
    Top two are the Roach, and bottom 2 are Kane's

14. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    I love that top Kane , what a great design Degs.....I have your Kizer KANEXL now looking it over to do a review and video and it is amazing brother. I just love this blade design , they did a good job with the grind as well , the double stand-off - open frame is cool too.....I really like that it came with custom titanium hardware also. My favorite thing about it is the plain smooth bead blasted Ti scales , so we can customize them however we want, with engraving or anodizing. They need very little if any polishing for the work you would want to do.

I will post some pics soon as I get through , I am doing some custom work with it now...................that is a great option as I said that Kizer has left for us with many of their recent collaborations........Degs knives , Ray's and MAtt's designs as well.........................several more Cucchiara designs coming , hope more of yours too DEgs

15. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    Degs?? Those Kane's are liner locks?? What are the bolsters made of Sir? I see you said that your liner locks are steel and the blade is VG-10 it looks like....

They all look great , but I really like that Black one with the bolster.......looks super smooth

thanks for your time Sir

16. degs

degs

Oct 28, 2013
    Those are indeed linerlocks with steel liners and bolsters. Made with washers and VG10 steel. They'll be at a lower price point.

17. farcry33

Apr 10, 2013
    Awesome designs!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on one of them.

18. RossL

RossL

Aug 28, 2015
    Any updates on the Gemini release?

19. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    according to my info...it should be the end of september or first or october.........gemini and intrepid plus others

20. xICEMANx

xICEMANx Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2012
    In stock now at knifecenter.com