NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

While we love having new members join Bladeforums.com the overwhelming amount of "New Member Introduction" threads has dropped the most responded to and watched threads to the bottom of the page or the 2nd page.

So, with that said I'd like to ask that all new members to post an introduction in THIS THREAD ONLY! Please don't start a separate thread. Those of you who recently became new members and posted already will have their threads left open and they will not be merged with this one.

Some helpful tips for new members:

1. Read the BFC rules BEFORE you post anything!

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/site-rules/

2. Read the Community Center Guidelines BEFORE you post anything!.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ing-community-center-rules-guidelines.309009/

3. Read The Exchange rules BEFRE posting anything!

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

If you have any questions you can reach out to any Moderator or Super Moderator for help.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Super stoked to be able to check on some knifes of my Grandfather and Dad's. I just need a Lil help.

I guess I can start here. I have a CASE XX
And want to just see what I got. It's been used over pretty bad but am curious and it's origin.

I guess I can start here. I have a CASE XX
And want to just see what I got. It's been used over pretty bad but am curious and it's origin.

Try the Traditional Forum for information on Case knives.

Thought I'd finally introduce myself.. my first knives were my scout knives many years ago and I wish I still had them. When my 39 year old son became a scout I became involved with him and "re-equiped" but did a little better than the traditional scout knife. I got a Benchmade HK mini ascender as an EDC and the Benchmade Emerson Spec War cqc7 for my backpacking knife... that was ~25 years ago and they are still my only two knives altho the spec war doesn't get much play anymore..... the mini ascender is still my quasi-EDC (2 days a week when I volunteer - retired life is good)

New from New England. Been collecting knives for years, I have forged some but right now my level of crafting is grinding, I don't sell them so this is not a plug or spam.

I came to the forums to mostly read what other people have already asked to avoid mistakes. I might give advice on topics I know but I doubt I have a better answer than any of the veterans. I do know a few things like the best steel is the one you have on hand and as far as the Chevy vs Ford debate the answer is clearly Dodge.

Jokes aside, I look forward to the knowledge on here.
340 6 pack. Buff said😎

Hi. Chris from Banff here. I’ve been a collector of sharp things all my life. My first brand knife was a Swiss Army Swiss Champion my Dad bought for me when we were stationed in Germany and on vacation in Switzerland when I was 9 back in 1977. Lost that at Sunshine Village ski resort in 1992 and had to replace it with a new one because I’ve never been without what I consider the king of multi-tools. Probably my most collectable knife is my Grampy’s Puma Warden (purchased in Germany in the early 70s) that I’ve inherited as well as an old Buffalo skinner. But I actually joined the forum as I’ve realized I’ve started collecting axes and have modified one axe head so far…..

I've been reading here for a month or so before I joined...researching guided sharpening systems mostly.

Always been a bit of a knife guy but not a collector, just like to keep a good quality everyday work knife... I seem to have a preference for USA made Kershaw knives.

I can freehand sharpen good enough for a pretty good working edge, but I thought I'd treat myself to a good guided sharpener so jumped in as deep as my budget would allow.

I had a hard time deciding between the Hapstone R2 and TSPROF Kadet Pro... but settled on the Kadet Pro because of its smaller footprint and easy disassembly and storage.

I'm a truck driver, so space saving is a must but I wanted all the sharpener I could get for the size... I'm planning to maybe do a little sharpening for people to maybe make a $ or 2 on my weekend downtime, and to help pay for that pretty darn expensive sharpener and accessories... I've been doing a little sharpening for friends and family for years, but never charged anybody anything for it.... thought I'd turn it from a hobby into a little bit of a side hustle.

I must say...I found it a bit unsettling to spend that kind of money on a sharpener when one brand is Ukrainian and the other Russian... it would seem parts availability for either or both could get sketchy.

Hello! Long-time lurker here. I was just recently encouraged to join by stuff_things stuff_things , whom I just bought a knife from directly this week and another through eBay back in the fall. When he suggested this site, it was because I nagged him about another knife I was looking for, and it was a real "Duh!" moment for me. I should've joined months ago but you know what they say... My collection is already pretty obnoxious, all of a sort of minimalist or artsy EDC folder variety.

I spotted my first dream pocket knife, a plain Chris Reeve Small Sebenza, at a mall back in 1997. At Plaza Cutlery, actually. Quite a few more people than I expected know of it. Up until that point I had been carrying a very cheap, flimsy SpyderCo. The Sebenza instantly captivated me more than anything in the store but was beyond my means then. A close friend at the time bought one, however, so I got some firsthand experience with it and it always kind of stuck with me. I started looking back into CRKs as a gift for a friend about 5-6 years ago but the one I wanted that seemed a great fit—the 'Night Sky' (he lived in the mountains at the time)—was never in stock anywhere (even eBay) so after a few months of keeping an eye out leading up to his birthday I kind of gave up and went with other gift ideas. Fast forward to this past summer, I had some disposable income, and it just randomly popped into my head to look back into Chris Reeve and maybe some other knives, see what was available now, and I really went down the rabbit hole. Hard. 😄

I finally did find the perfect CRK for my best friend–not the 'Night Sky', which I did find one after just a couple of months of looking but ended up keeping for myself 😈—something more 'him' (a unique small Sebenza with a very cool rainbow-anodized 'flame' design, ladder Damascus, and an inlaid citrine cabochon) that I was able to get for his last birthday. Now he's into the hobby, as well (though he already had a small collection of modest fixed blades and folders, partially inherited from his late father, not to mention kitchen cutlery), and I'd say we have a very unhealthy competition going. 😅 But it's all for the love of the actual knives themselves; the materials, the craftsmanship, the engineering... Some of them are treated as art pieces/"safe queens", some of them are 'pocket jewelry' but still serious EDC knives, and some are just 'function only' but maybe stylish or quirky in some way. Meeting up every few months in person and showing off new acquisitions is always a blast!

So, happy to be here! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi All
I am new to the forum , actually I may have signed up along time ago along with a bunch of other similar forums .I just never spent much time on any of them . I really never embraced social media . Im not on Facebook or anything else . I used to participate on Usual Suspect and Jersey Devil a litte bit.
I didnt have the patience to try and figure out the whole uploading pictures and avitars and how to list things for sale or trade , and I never got that jump to the top at the end of a thread ????
Having said that I do have just about 600 ebay transaction ( dont hold it against me ) With 100% feedback.
OK Enough of that. I have accumulated a significant knife collection over the decades .
Anyway at some point I would not mind getting involed in some trades purchases and sales .
So I wanted to introduce myself and I hope to be more of a participant this time around. Im sure at some point I will have questions about somethig. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Tom

Last edited:
Hi guys, just joined and hope to find some advice on fencing blade making and someone who has expertise in manufacturing blades. thanks!

Hi guys, just joined and hope to find some advice on fencing blade making and someone who has expertise in manufacturing blades. thanks!
Howdy and welcome aboard!
You want to visit these subforums:

Looking for any experience of usdurabletech . com They seem to have vereeery cheap prices. under 100 d for protech striders etc etc. too good to be true...

Hi folks. It looks like I joined here a good while ago, most likely when I was getting back into knives in a big way and almost certainly when I was searching for a specific knife. Just never got around to posting! Over the last 4 years or so I have grown my collection a bit. It ranges from dinky SAK classics to larger fixed blades. I'm based in the UK so have some restrictions to deal with but you can still enjoy knives here. Currently in arms reach I have a Bob Terzuola TTF3, a Griptilian and a vintage German knife dating from WW2. I'm really passionate about supporting UK knife makers. The knife scene here in the UK has fractured somewhat over the last 10 years but I think it's getting back on track now. I've organised a few knife collectors meets as well as a knife show. Getting people face to face is so much fun. I cant promise to be the most prolific of posters but I'll certainly be checking in more often from now on.

Hey guys, I'm a beginner knife maker down in Texas that's lurked off and on for years. I normally find the answer to my questions fairly easily so I know this is a treasure trove of information. Just joined up mostly out of an effort to try and run a light off my grinders vfd and was coming for advice since I can't find any info on it anywhere. Outside of that I'll be trying to contribute whereever I can!

Hey guys, I'm a beginner knife maker down in Texas that's lurked off and on for years. I normally find the answer to my questions fairly easily so I know this is a treasure trove of information. Just joined up mostly out of an effort to try and run a light off my grinders vfd and was coming for advice since I can't find any info on it anywhere. Outside of that I'll be trying to contribute whereever I can!
Got ya covered. Welcome aboard.

Hi I'm new. I like knives especially when they're purple 😂

Not the forumy type, so we will see how this goes.

New member here from East TN. Quick review of who I am: 74 yr old White male;
married 55 years; Retired after 41 yrs of public service as an LEO, EMT, and Parole
Officer; retired 10 years ago. We live on a 28 acre track of heaven that backs up to
over a 100,000 acres of privately owned forest. Nearest neighbor is my brother
who lives 1/2 mile away thru the woods. After dealing with crisis' that other
people brought on themselves due to bad decisions, All I want is peace and
quiet and I have that. I have 2 ponds, a small one that was a strip pit and a 3 acre
fish pond I keep stocked. I build food plots for the wild life and we have it
a lot of deer, turkey, some hogs, coyotes, mink, coons, bobcats, bear now
and then, and all the small game you could want.
I'm a gun and knife nut. I buy but very seldom ever sell so I have a surplus
of both. Mostly Spyderco, Kershaw, CRKT, Boker, and Gerber with a few Buck,
CaseXX, and others. Just recently got into OTS & OTF's; Microtech, Boker,
Kershaw, and my latest Guardian Tactical.
I'm a US Army Vietnam Vet 68-69. In country in time for the 1st TET and got
held over for the next. Graduated from the University of Tennessee Knoxville
with a BA in Criminology.
Well, that's me in a nutshell.
Dano

Hey guys I new here, Just joined yesterday. I live in Illinois and have been collecting knives for about a year and a half. Recently I have started trying to make my own, nowhere near as nice as some of you guys but I enjoy trying to make something for myself. Currently my favorite knife is the Spyderco para 3.

Back