NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Hello all!

Newb checking in. After taking a break off of guns and expensive ammo, I went back to knives. I’ve taking a liking to Japanese swords and process. Katanas, Kukris, and butterfly knives catch my eye the most.

I’m mostly ears, I like hearing the latest and greatest that comes out. Thanks for having me!

Hello, newbie here. I joined this forum to ask, whats up with BWM? The new format is nothing like it was. I want this publication to survive.

Hello everyone! Got bit by the bug I suppose. Melting plastic over the last 6 weeks, but heck, it's still cheaper than guitar gear!

What’s up everybody, New guy here !
Just joined and I’m new to the whole Internet forum thing also .
I’m a knife collector /Prototype Machinist / manufacturing and engineering geek . If anyone needs anything in my areas of expertise let me know I’ll help out No problem ! As for now I’ll be just exploring the forum and learning as I go !
Have a great day guys !

Hello all, I'm new to this forum.
Not a knife maker, but I am a professional knife image editor. Excited to see what all goes on around here and learn some new things along the way.
Thanks!

New member in the South East of Massachusetts. I joined the forum for help in setting up tools and planning my first couple of projects.

Hi all. Newbie here from NC. Came to learn a thing or two before investing too heavily into this hobby. Excited to be here!

Hey everyone, new member to the forum but long time knife nut! Here mainly to do some trading, my local BST forum does not have a lot of knife guys. Been going to Blade Show here in ATL since 2012 and this was the first year I missed so I missed out on trading in person!

Hey guys and gals, new member here from tiny Rhode Island. Figured I’d say hi, howarya? I have a smallish collection, about 80 knives, maybe 60 folders and 20 fixed? Nothing crazy, most are between $50-$300. I’m relatively new to collecting, although I’ve loved knives since a kid - I had a SAK confiscated in 1st grade - principal put it in a sealed envelope and instructed me to bring it home and keep it there lol. Ah, the good old days!

My other hobby is drums, and I was running out of space to further that collection. So the small size factor of knives appealed greatly, added to a love of knives, and voila - new passion. I also like to make stuff and I really enjoy customizing a knife or completing a knife from a blank.

Here’s one of my favorite edc options - an Izula 2 with custom black micarta scales and matching micarta/Padauk bead in an Armatus sheath:

Just wanted to say hello. I'm on here to learn about knives as I'm just now starting to get into them. Mostly a gun guy the 1911 gets most my money. Now I feel the addiction of high end knives.
Thanks for having me I'll try to post and chat when I can make the time. I'll be lurking and learning mostly.
Right now I'm at the CRKT level.
I'm struggling with the next level but I'm thinking Medford (undecided on model) or Heretic Medusa.
Then of course the top tier for me will probably be the Miller Bros T1 folder.
Obviously as I read and learn I'm sure all of those will change as I gain more knowledge.
That's just where I'm at in my head right now.
Again thanks for having me. Oh I best go read the rules now and make sure I didn't just break any.

Hey Folks,
Some ingenious, probably very cultured and handsome person took my preferred online handle (Ratatosk) so I went back to the original spelling, a preemptive sorry for any confusion.
Here to kill time, look at knives, make bad financial decisions, and wheel and deal a little bit, because I've got a dozen pounds of sharp stuff that basically never sees daylight. -R

Hi everyone new member in the North of Massachusetts. Long time collector of military knives and bayonets. Looking forward to learning more and contribute to the forum.

Hey guys and gals, new member here from tiny Rhode Island. Figured I’d say hi, howarya? I have a smallish collection, about 80 knives, maybe 60 folders and 20 fixed? Nothing crazy, most are between $50-$300. I’m relatively new to collecting, although I’ve loved knives since a kid - I had a SAK confiscated in 1st grade - principal put it in a sealed envelope and instructed me to bring it home and keep it there lol. Ah, the good old days!

My other hobby is drums, and I was running out of space to further that collection. So the small size factor of knives appealed greatly, added to a love of knives, and voila - new passion. I also like to make stuff and I really enjoy customizing a knife or completing a knife from a blank.

Here’s one of my favorite edc options - an Izula 2 with custom black micarta scales and matching micarta/Padauk bead in an Armatus sheath:

Hi everyone new member in the North of Massachusetts. Long time collector of military knives and bayonets. Looking forward to learning more and contribute to the forum.

Welcome fellow New Englanders!

Being a newcomer, I hope this is the right place for an intro. I am an old guy and not too computer savvy; it will take me a while to learn my way around. If it is the wrong place, I will accept my slap and hopefully some kind moderator will move it to an appropriate spot.

That out of the way, I am in my 5th year of retirement in the woods of North Florida. I am more of a knife hoarder than collector. I have been a "knife guy" ever since my father gave me my first knife, at about age 6 or 7, a fixed blade, to the best of my memory most likely a Colonial or Imperial. I remember the rules that went with it, the breaking of which would have ended my ownership. That was a while back.... If I have my pants on, I have a good quality, razor sharp knife in my pocket. We won't talk about when I don't have my pants on. ;) I have far more knives than a man needs, but far less than I would like.

I am a retired Master Plumber with the key word being "retired." There is nothing I miss about working and I am so sorry now, I won't hit a lick at a snake. I am still on my first wife and I have grown kids and a big old Black Lab mongrel.

I am a bit of an oddball in that I like to gather in American made knives used by working men "back in the day." I even have a thing for the old four blade camp knives. I don't go for high-end collector knives that spend their lives, wrapped in velvet, in drawer. If I can't use it, I don't want it. I am a history buff, especially of the time of the Second World War. I collect knives, guns and books from that period. I also collect old clocks; a habit that my wife could do without. I have been married since I was between Navy boot camp and A school, so in the past 51 years I have almost learned how to get along with her. That is about as much as I intend to divulge for now, out of fear that somebody will want to claim relationship and borrow money.

I look forward to new conversations and hopefully making some new friends.

I think you are in the right place, welcome to the forums!

There is a long history and a wealth of information here.

Here's my oldest one:

Attachments

• buck-01.jpg
    buck-01.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 1
  • buck-02.jpg
    buck-02.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 1
  • buck-03.jpg
    buck-03.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1
  • buck-04.jpg
    buck-04.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to Blade forums !!!!! You have come to the right place to talk knives. There’s a lot here so look around and enjoy.

Back