New Model - Survivor Jr. - What do you think?

Which would you prefer - longer? shorter? original?

• Longer blade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorter blade

• Original blade length (9")

• Total voters
Ok - I'm getting the next prototype cut - should be here soon. fingers crossed...!!

Another month,just though I would bug you again Dan. Hope to have one for camping season this spring.Just picked up a full size this morning here on the forums.It needs a little brother.

Another month,just though I would bug you again Dan. Hope to have one for camping season this spring.Just picked up a full size this morning here on the forums.It needs a little brother.

That was a great grab on the full size. I missed that one by one minute. The full size Survivor is now on the top of my list as a MUST have. I will order one of any size however the original will remain my priority until I can get one.

Dave

I would have to buy one if it was the shorter version in 3v. GCM is fine however, this may sound weird but I would love a gost g-10 handle. I dont really care how thick it is or what kind of sheaths it would come with. I do think the thicker tip is a good idea.

it would be great if these short Survivors came out in about a year and a half that way I could have a whole year to get used to my Monster Nessie, (hint, hint)

Last edited:
Time to wake this one back up to see if there is still interest...!!!

Dan

I'm very interested only if the tip will be stronger.
Dan, most of your knives are suffering from a very fragile tip and this is not acceptable for a Survivor.
Also the EDC (I have a 4") is affected by this problem: just do not grind the spine.
Thanks
Saverio

yes
"I'm very interested only if the tip will be stronger.
Dan, most of your knives are suffering from a very fragile tip and this is not acceptable for a Survivor."- sax1960

I've made the belly deeper and have changed how I grind it since the first couple batches of Survivors. With those first ones - I did indeed grind a few of them too thin out toward the tip. For those who don't own one...thin is relative. This is still a substantial blade.

However, that said, I did change how I do the grinds and they are much thicker. I did the same with the Bushcarft and BushMaster too.

Dan

Would love to participate in a passaround of the Jr., looks just about right! Um, would that special piece of Mesquite fit this pattern??? :D

DD

Nope - sorry, Bro. But these handles are BIG.

:thumbup:

Dan

I've always wondered what this would look like with thumbgrooves ...any thoughts?

Here's the latest design:

SurvivorJr2013.gif

I gave it more belly - which means more steel out near the tip. Also, I am using less false-edge. Enough to be *sexy* but not too much that it removes steel. And I added thumbgrooves.

Dan

Back