New Products Debuting at SHOT show!!!!!

another quick pic of the lazer strike, hollow handle with a fire striker inside.

167635_10150163103913312_547803311_8336547_6716604_n.jpg

take it easy
cricket

Im so going to strip this down and put some fantastic wood on it.... Maybe dyed box elder...will have to see once it is in hand but this is a for sure project on my list now!!

Just wanted to jump back on here and say I'm SO glad you guys are doing the SS ESEE-4 in 440C. That being the case, I will not be able to resist buying one, especially with the canvas micarta scales (hope those stay). Any other stainless, with the possible exception of N-690, and I'd be able to keep my money. But not 440C. That steel has gone out of vogue, which is a shame, because it is actually one of the best, all factors considered. It is hard to find in a good knife; I'm glad ESEE is using it in one of their best.

another quick pic of the lazer strike, hollow handle with a fire striker inside.

167635_10150163103913312_547803311_8336547_6716604_n.jpg

take it easy
cricket

Just one comment on this knife.

I understand the concept of a hollow handled knife to hold a firesteel (especially in a knife with a fire-making theme) , but if you are in a situation when you really need it I doubt that you would be carrying around the Allen wrench to get the scales off.

Given the intended use, a standard flat head screw would be much better suited as you would much more likely have one of those handy or be able to improvise something to un-screw the scales. It is pretty hard to improvise an Allen wrench.

Other than that it looks like a great design.

Can you guys post a pic of the Laserstrike handle next to an ESEE 4 handle....Please?

For you.......of course. Someone stalk my Facebook and move the picture here for me please. Too hard to post to the forum from my phone. Thanks!

Just one comment on this knife.

I understand the concept of a hollow handled knife to hold a firesteel (especially in a knife with a fire-making theme) , but if you are in a situation when you really need it I doubt that you would be carrying around the Allen wrench to get the scales off.

Given the intended use, a standard flat head screw would be much better suited as you would much more likely have one of those handy or be able to improvise something to un-screw the scales. It is pretty hard to improvise an Allen wrench.

Other than that it looks like a great design.

Great point. We will be putting a lanyard on the knife with the tools to get the scales off. One of the guys would be able to give you better details.

For you.......of course. Someone stalk my Facebook and move the picture here for me please. Too hard to post to the forum from my phone. Thanks!

Great point. We will be putting a lanyard on the knife with the tools to get the scales off. One of the guys would be able to give you better details.

You kids must be having fun...so much fun you cant text back...lol....wish i was with yall

LaserStrike- Blade shape looks good. I don't think it will be favored by "bushcrafters" though. Coated blade= cannot strike a firesteel with the spine of the knife. Handle has a choil which most of the preferred bushcraft knives do not have.

Choil or ricasso - I don't like either - give me sharpened steel!

Back