1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ratweiler pic thread.

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by cut it out, Feb 13, 2016.

1. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    Let's get a Ratweiler pic thread going. Here's mine. Came yesterday and it's awesome!!! I like the new handles better than the gen 1 I had. http://[​IMG]

2. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
  3. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
  4. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
  5. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Nice! I`allways been in love with the design, one of the best designs from the swamp, but unfortunetly it dosnt fit my mittens...

6. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    Next to my all time favorite knife!!http://[​IMG]

7. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    Wanna say nice job David on sharpening this. The most even grind I've seen so far from the Busse crew. Thanks manhttp://[​IMG]

8. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    This knife is gonna be epic!!! Feel bad for all who missed this :( 🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪😝 NOT!!!!!! Hahahahaha

9. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Lol. Congrats man. I agree about the new scales, they are so well done. Can't wait for my two to get here.

10. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
  11. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That's the same color scheme that I ordered, but in 3/16". That's a really nice looking blade. I'm glad I ordered that combo.

Actually, got dinged yesterday for my 3/16" (2/19/2016), and realized that I didn't get sage with black micarta. I got tanker with black micarta. Still, I know I'm gonna love it...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  12. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I know my 1/4" is tan on tanker; but I'm honestly not sure about the 3/16"...I think I went with black canvas on sage, as well.

13. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Those pics are great! I keep coming back to this thread to look at them :)

I passed on the Ratweiler as I had just picked up a B8 LE, but it looks like a killer blade. May have to get something in Sage/Black canvas now, looks like an excellent combo.

14. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    We have had crazy cold temps here last few days. Or else I'd. Have some user pics. Hopefully it warms up

15. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Gold Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Thank you very much for the pics :thumbup: The spine/scale thickness shot keeps bugging me to send an e-mail to change my order, but I keep telling myself that I'd find it too thick for a knife this length.... Is it less than 0.26" thick at the spine?

16. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    Back in the day, I passed on a used RW. Now I regret that decision and wished that I had snagged it. I was using by beloved Basic 9 and did not really feel the need for another blade that would duplicate what I had.

From what has been posted here, the RW is heralded as one of the best all-rounders to have exited the halls of the Wauseon shop. I suppose my Basic 9 will have to suffice for now unless I can locate another RW on the secondary market. Anybody here ever passed up a blade only to regret it later?

Got in on the Chop House (1/4 inch ilk) and love what I received. Denny did a marvelous job on the edge! That guy needs a pay raise.

17. adrock1978

adrock1978

May 30, 2009
    Terror Monkey

[​IMG]

18. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Ratweiler LE

[​IMG]

19. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    Honestly the Basic 9 is more versitile. The RW is a better tear down the house knife

20. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010