New Ratweiler pic thread.

Nice! I`allways been in love with the design, one of the best designs from the swamp, but unfortunetly it dosnt fit my mittens...

This knife is gonna be epic!!! Feel bad for all who missed this :( 🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪😝 NOT!!!!!! Hahahahaha

Lol. Congrats man. I agree about the new scales, they are so well done. Can't wait for my two to get here.

That's the same color scheme that I ordered, but in 3/16". That's a really nice looking blade. I'm glad I ordered that combo.

Actually, got dinged yesterday for my 3/16" (2/19/2016), and realized that I didn't get sage with black micarta. I got tanker with black micarta. Still, I know I'm gonna love it...

Last edited:
I know my 1/4" is tan on tanker; but I'm honestly not sure about the 3/16"...I think I went with black canvas on sage, as well.

Those pics are great! I keep coming back to this thread to look at them :)

I passed on the Ratweiler as I had just picked up a B8 LE, but it looks like a killer blade. May have to get something in Sage/Black canvas now, looks like an excellent combo.

We have had crazy cold temps here last few days. Or else I'd. Have some user pics. Hopefully it warms up

Thank you very much for the pics :thumbup: The spine/scale thickness shot keeps bugging me to send an e-mail to change my order, but I keep telling myself that I'd find it too thick for a knife this length.... Is it less than 0.26" thick at the spine?

Back in the day, I passed on a used RW. Now I regret that decision and wished that I had snagged it. I was using by beloved Basic 9 and did not really feel the need for another blade that would duplicate what I had.

From what has been posted here, the RW is heralded as one of the best all-rounders to have exited the halls of the Wauseon shop. I suppose my Basic 9 will have to suffice for now unless I can locate another RW on the secondary market. Anybody here ever passed up a blade only to regret it later?

Got in on the Chop House (1/4 inch ilk) and love what I received. Denny did a marvelous job on the edge! That guy needs a pay raise.

Terror Monkey

20151126_105021_1.jpg

Honestly the Basic 9 is more versitile. The RW is a better tear down the house knife

Back