1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

New Rules for the Exchange forum - Feedback thread.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Oct 30, 2010.

1. eljugador

eljugador

Apr 18, 2006
    Using the new system, I did sell the last knife I was trying to sell in record time. I also ended up selling it for about $25 less than I paid for it 6 months ago which is a bit of a bummer but good news for someone. Sign me up as a convert.

2. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    The fact that he can have a signature file and his username is Platinum colored means he has a platinum membership. Leave the policing of paid memberships outside of the Exchange to us, please.

3. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Spark, I'm confused as well. I know this is a trial period, and it's looking good, but Balislinger's enforced infraction has given me pause to remark on anything but "I'll take it."

I think relevant discussions should be allowed; but certainly no one needs the "Geez, that's shweet. I wish I had that kind of money..." bumps.

Coop

4. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    I didn't see that, because it was in the custom forum. I "unstuck" it.

5. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Just noticed it has been changed back to last post.
    YYEAAHHH! :)
    No,just looked at it wrong. :(

6. Balislinger

Balislinger

Nov 11, 2003
    Ha ha ha, you got me going for a second. But you know what, I'm warming up to the new system. Change is hard sometimes when you've been doing it a certain way for years. I've sold most of the knives I wanted to without problems under this new system, and I think it's cleaner when I log on to browse.

7. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    FWIW, I'm getting bunch of PMs from buyers thanking me for the change, they like it a lot better for purchasing & keeping track of things.

8. Balislinger

Balislinger

Nov 11, 2003
    How come a guy gets to post six separate consecutive for sale threads on the first page of the production knives for sale section and it gets no mod attention? I noticed it yesterday when he already had four going, and thought for sure a mod would be on it in no time. Still there today, but he added two more!

9. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Did you report it?
    Without reports things take longer to get taken care of.

EDIT:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  10. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I saw that too.
    It is a lot of knives but could still be put into one thread.Looks like he split them up by pattern.

11. arden.ferris

arden.ferris Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I thought that rule was eliminated under the new system?

12. Balislinger

Balislinger

Nov 11, 2003
    Per Karda's post, that does appear to be the case. Don't know why that rule would be suspended, what's to stop someone like this from taking up half f the first page instead of listing their knives in one thread? It bumps everyone off the first and second pages which under the new system, is not a good thing

13. Fascion

Fascion

Aug 5, 2008
    This is something you shouldn't see very often. Per the current rules, it actually could have been much worse. As u812 pointed out, each thread he posted already contains a handful of knives each. The way he did it should save everyone (himself included) a lot of confusion. In the end, though, this shouldn't cause anyone any grief, as everyone is still able to quickly and easily find all the new posts since their last visit.

People who post that many knives on a regular basis are asked to pony up for the Dealer membership, which has it's own subforum of The Exchange.

14. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    It also shows that when someone does that (especially on a regular basis) we have a clear pattern of behavior to say "Hey, you are a dealer"

15. J.Marsillo

J.Marsillo

Nov 8, 2000
    I might not understand the changes completely,I cant bump my thread at all?? I'm pretty new to selling on the forums and I dont have any kind of a following. Still there are lots of threads that are sold out ahead of mine.

16. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    There's no bumping anymore.

17. Balislinger

Balislinger

Nov 11, 2003
    I think I rather like the new system now, except two weeks still seems too long to be able to restart a thread at a new price and get some visibility instead of being on page 7. I would shorten the time to one week. There are also sellers starting new threads for the same knife every few days. I hope mods are policing that, because it makes the system really suck for those of us trying to stick to the new rules.

18. teacher

teacher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2001
    As a buyer, I like it. :)
    Much cleaner and just as easy to keep track of what I am interested in.
    It is a win / win in my book. :thumbup:

19. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    I hope that people are reporting these things as they notice them, otherwise it makes it that much harder to police.

20. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman

Sep 19, 2009
    I think two weeks is too long too; one week seems like it'd be better.