1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW SOFTWARE & SERVER UPGRADE: Task List, bug reports, monitor this thread

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Here's a list of things I'm trying to accomplish

High Priority Tasks:
    • Fixing Search - COMPLETED
    • Facebook Integration - COMPLETED
    • Fix Banner Ads so they don't show up for users with paid subscriptions - TEMP HOLD
    • Restricted Subforums excluded from What's New search results - COMPLETED
    • 404 Errors on links to specific forums - COMPLETED
    • Search Engine Friendly URLS - COMPLETED
    • 404 Errors when changing thread display values using drop down menus at bottom of Forums pages - COMPLETED, resolved, screw these guys and their buggy mod rewrite crap

User Interface
    • Recreate Top Navigation - COMPLETED Added new tabs to top navigation with drop down links to specific forum categories
    • Columnize Subforums on Main Forum Display - COMPLETED
    • Forum Color Schemes / Themes - PENDING, need more feedback (Dark theme uploaded)
    • LARGE PRINT Version - ON HOLD: style available, needs to be tweaked.
    • Request: No Subforums on Main category listings - PENDING, need more feedback
    • Mobile Skin / Tapatalk - COMPLETED, tapatalk & berryblab installed. Mobile skin dead for now
    • Breadcrumb Navigation at base of pages - COMPLETED
    • Right Justify Thread Starter info in Threads listing - ON HOLD, tried it, looked pretty ugly.
    Miscellaneous Problems
    • Report of bug with images in threads showing up alternately as thumbnails or inline.
    • Quicknav broken for iPad
    • iTrader possibly not aggregating feedback.

2. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Sponsor ads showing up on main forum page with paid subscription.

3. BP Green

BP Green

Oct 23, 2010
    Yup, I'm seeing the adds. Sorry Kevin, I just posted that on another thread. . . .

4. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    sounds like my work list :p

FB is evil, don't sell out :)

5. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    Sorry, don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I'm still trying to wade through all the new info and what not. When I click on the Knife maker's for sale forum, I get "not found" error message saying that it does not exist.

6. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Let it also be known that some links saved to the Favorites area, may not work. It appears that once the user logs in and starts navigating, everything appears normal. So far, so good!

7. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Saved bookmarks will need to be updated as they have changed on the server

8. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    Every thread I click on, the text isn't horizontal it's vertical.
    One letter per line :eek: and the images are just partial. :confused:
    I've tried a few things but nothing seems to fix it.
    HELP !
    Please.

Doug

9. Lapp_Dance

Lapp_Dance

Apr 20, 2005
    same with the Busse for sale forum

10. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    I found these available and active (current posts).

11. Esav Benyamin

Apr 6, 2000
  12. Esav Benyamin

Apr 6, 2000
    Today 08:54 PM #9

At the head of each post, this is all i see. No icons for Report Post or yellow/red cards.

13. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.)

Oct 9, 1998
    The Report Post icon is at the bottom of the post now. Colored differently but still an exclamation point in a triangle.

14. richard j

richard j

Apr 1, 2007
    when looking through the new posts it will list threads that are a few days old and locked.

15. horseclover

horseclover Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Thanks again for the search function capabilities and allowance for the little guys.

Cheers

GC

16. norcalblacktail

norcalblacktail

Jan 17, 2008
    Spark...I think this is a good idea. Subforums IMO prevent some people from finding them. A good forum will have the main page that shows all the forums listed in a simple format without any hidden subforums. Good examples of this are 24hourcampfire, BPL and The Refuge.

17. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    IIRC the request was the opposite - to hide subforums completely off the main category area.

18. roenman

roenman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 14, 2006
    The Thread Display Option in the Busse for Sale forum doesn't seem to be working.
    I try to change it to Sort by Last Post and when I hit Show Thread, a "TheWeb Page Cannot be Found" page comes up.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  19. norcalblacktail

norcalblacktail

Jan 17, 2008
    Oh...well can I request the opposite.

20. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Took me 5 minutes to get here. I'm holding out hope that Blade Forums will get back to normal. Has been my favorite forum. But this sucks right now!