NEW SOFTWARE & SERVER UPGRADE: Task List, bug reports, monitor this thread

Which version of IE are you using?

Personal bookmarks have to be edited on your end since they are on your computer.

IE Version 8.0.6001.18702, this version worked fine with old BF software.

Bookmark I used with old BF version worked fine. I'll delete my old one and create a new one and try it.

Thanks..........Jim

I would like to suggest

Put the announcements into a section that I can hide - that stays hidden until a new one is posted.
Scrolling past everything every-time is redundant and would be really nice if you could set it up this way.

If I am lucky the page loads incorrectly with no frames. If I am not lucky it will not load at all giving and 404 error message. I'm not griping, I know an upgrade like this is a major undertaking. I just wanted you to know what I'm seeing on my end. - Ed J

If I am lucky the page loads incorrectly with no frames. If I am not lucky it will not load at all giving and 404 error message. I'm not griping, I know an upgrade like this is a major undertaking. I just wanted you to know what I'm seeing on my end. - Ed J

I don't know if this message is even sending. I am receiving an "unable to connect to web server" error message when I submit. Trying one last time, then giving up for today.

Ed J

Bookmark I used with old BF version worked fine. I'll delete my old one and create a new one and try it.
Yeah the threads / forums changed on the server. Your bookmarks will no longer work, since they don't point to the right places anymore.

Put the announcements into a section that I can hide - that stays hidden until a new one is posted.
Scrolling past everything every-time is redundant and would be really nice if you could set it up this way.
Click the X in the top right portion of the notices. Announcements can't be minimized, sorry.

There should be no frames at all? What is the exact URL you are trying to go to?

I don't know if this message is even sending. I am receiving an "unable to connect to web server" error message when I submit. Trying one last time, then giving up for today.
You shouldn't be getting any connection errors at all. What browser are you using?

Thanks..........Jim

In addition to the above, I cannot subscribe to threads. It seems as if the subcription page is trying to load (according to meter bar at bottom of page) but it just hangs up. I too get sporadic connection problems.

I like the new format very much, thank for updating! The only issue, and a very minor one is this. I use Firefox, and use the large print format.
When in a subforum, and I want to click on the last page of a thread that has many pages, the last page number is superimposed over the icon for attachments. You have to be very precise with the mouse pointer to not open up a separate window with the attachments in that thread.

Ken

That's a result from the right justification. I've commented out the attachment icon, shouldn't show up anymore (EDIT still finding spots where it's there)

I might have to find another solution to this. In addition to the paperclip, there's also thread subscription icons, and some other stuff that shows up.

I'll figure something out.

I link to ALL my fave forums through my UserCP. That link used to be proud on the upper LH menu bar on every post and forum. I'd always hit that to get back to my 'home'. (That's my method.)

That link is now called Settings and it's smaller and buried up in the top RH corner. My 'wish' is to have that in the Home / Forum / Blogs / What's New / Forum Categories / Exchange block.

Coop

:thumbup::thumbup:

Every thread I click on, the text isn't horizontal it's vertical.
One letter per line :eek: and the images are just partial. :confused:
I've tried a few things but nothing seems to fix it.
HELP !
Please.

Doug
Still not working..
I have to preview a reply to a thread to see the thread's images and text correctly. :confused:
I'm on a Mac, Safari's my browser if that matters !!?

Doug

I hope I'm on the right thread.

I searched for "condor" and came up with nothing. :confused:

Overall, i like the new program.

I know it would be low priority but when I click on the link in the reply to thread notification email it takes me to the start of the thread and not to that post.Not a big deal unless it is a big thread.

Having trouble opening/turning pages and opening my profile to answer messages.
sometimes it helps to refresh a page over and over to get it loaded and sometimes not.

Looks like a good day to fire up the Chainsaw and make Posts the old fashioned way. :D

Good Luck Spark, it looks like you have your work cut out for you.

I can get to the forum most of the time, but when I try to open a sub-forum, or thread, it is very slow to load, then it either opens incomplete or I usually get a 'Failure to Connect to Server' error page. Refreshing browser sometimes helps, but usually not. I'm using Firefox, WindowsXP and Hughes Net internet service. Tried it on my wife's newer laptop and get the same thing. Other sites work fine. Thanks for any help, but it will likely be a while before I can get back here. If it's not too much trouble, an email would be the best way to reach me.

I hope I'm on the right thread.

I searched for "condor" and came up with nothing. :confused:
I searched for condor and got 5 pages of hits. :confused:

I went to Advanced Search, put "condor" in the keyword field with no quotes, nothing in any of the other fields ... seems to be working fine....

I can get to the forum most of the time, but when I try to open a sub-forum, or thread, it is very slow to load, then it either opens incomplete or I usually get a 'Failure to Connect to Server' error page. Refreshing browser sometimes helps, but usually not. I'm using Firefox, WindowsXP and Hughes Net internet service. Tried it on my wife's newer laptop and get the same thing. Other sites work fine. Thanks for any help, but it will likely be a while before I can get back here. If it's not too much trouble, an email would be the best way to reach me.
I can't email every person, I'm sorry, especially when you are experiencing intermittent problems. Are you on dialup or cable? Have you tried an alternate browser?

Still not working..
I have to preview a reply to a thread to see the thread's images and text correctly. :confused:
I'm on a Mac, Safari's my browser if that matters !!?

Doug

Doug,
I'm also on a MAC and have no such issues with either Firefox or Safari. I don't know what is going on, but it sounds like some setting somewhere in your computer is wrong. What versions are you using? Do you have all of the latest updates?

Back