NEW SOFTWARE & SERVER UPGRADE: Task List, bug reports, monitor this thread

Try it again sometime. I don't know what might have gone wrong. I've been doing that sort of thing with no problem even after the new software came on line.

You need computer skills to match your knifemaking skills, then we could ask you for advice! :)

:p

Thanks!

:confused: Still doing same thing? High light text, when I click color box. It drops down and text becomes unhigh lighted?:confused:

Uh? will have to see? Maybe it's cause of the quote? :confused:
Will play with it some?.......:confused::)

High lighted your quote - and did the bold - it worked????

No color or text or size?

It looks like performance regressed significantly about three days ago. No sphinx anymore?

One thing I've noticed sometimes:

I highlight text, click on Bold, and the highlighting vanishes, then I click on Color and Size -- and Bold, Color, and Size all work anyway. It remembers I highlighted it even if it doesn't show all through the process.

It looks like performance regressed significantly about three days ago. No sphinx anymore?

Sphinx is still being used?

I was just thinking that might be it. Was there anything else that changed late Sunday night that could have slowed the the site down?

Possibly scheduled maintenance. Or log rotation. Or something dumb on our end

Spark,

If this has already been addressed, then I apologize... But is there any way to increase the max size for images? Seems that the maximum size looks set at around 800x600. I'm guessing this is set to keep the tables from breaking, but 1000 vertically and around 1200 horizontally usually doesn't either, IIRC.

Could we mebbe try a max of 1000x1000? I miss the details usually seen in larger pix. :)

I use my UserCP to access all my subscribed forums. It used to be a notably-sized button right where they now have: "Home, Forums, Blogs, etc..."

Now it's called 'Settings' and it a small text block in the farthest upper right.

For such a useful and commonly accessed feature, it sure would be great to have it back on that menu again. :)

Also: Always wishing for larger usernames, like it used to have.

Thanks for the considerations,

Coop

Usernames size is a setting that is apparently broken in the forums styles setting (something I didn't do for once). It should be fixed in a later release.

I can't put every single link on the user CP as a separate link on the navbar. You could bookmark the user cp on your browser?

Usernames size is a setting that is apparently broken in the forums styles setting (something I didn't do for once). It should be fixed in a later release.

Excellent. We'd all enjoy this when patched. Thanks.

I can't put every single link on the user CP as a separate link on the navbar. You could bookmark the user cp on your browser?
Of course I already have BF on my navbar. That's way up on top. :)

I'm a bit confused: if you created a single button on that menu bar with JUST this link:

h**p://www.bladeforums.com/forums/usercp.php

...it would address the same area and link to the User CP with all that accessible. Just create a duplicate 'Settings' button on there?

I know it's piddling, but that's how it was before, I got nicely used to it and prioritizing 'Blogs' and 'What's New' up there has me scratching my head. :D

Thank you for your consistent work. I know you are getting it from all directions.

Coop

Jerzeedevil just switched to the new software, and they have the Names and titles different sizes. It should be possible here.

Jerzeedevil just switched to the new software, and they have the Names and titles different sizes. It should be possible here.
Looks like they are using the vertical postbit templates as well. I'll do some testing.

Found a solution on vbulletin. Still a known bug, but it's fixed now.

Woah. Names are huuuuuge.

In my For Sale thread - editing my original post & post #6, I was trying to add the large red - "This Knife is Sold" to the post. And I high lighted the words as normal? But when I click on the color? The text? The bold button? The center spacing?
It would add all that? But it would be at the very top of the post and not do anything to the text?
I had to type it all in by hand around the text? Could not use the edit buttons to change the text? :confused:
Is it a bug? My computer? or Me? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/841985-Todd-Davison-Sway-Back-Slip-Joint-Folder-745

:p

Thanks!

:confused: Still doing same thing? High light text, when I click color box. It drops down and text becomes un-high lighted?:confused:

Uh? will have to see? Maybe it's cause of the quote? :confused:
Will play with it some?.......:confused::)

One thing I've noticed sometimes:

I highlight text, click on Bold, and the highlighting vanishes, then I click on Color and Size -- and Bold, Color, and Size all work anyway. It remembers I highlighted it even if it doesn't show all through the process.

This is still happening when I try to post with size and fonts? To add these I have to type the tags around the text.
The bold, and
centering​
work OK.
color Works some times? and some time it doesn't?? :confused:

The size & font does not work at all by selecting (high lighting) text and than selecting either of these?

There are other forums now running same softwear.... and it does the same thing on them.
So what I'm asking Spark? Can this be looked into and fixed some way?
And IF not ? Can you let me know please?
Thank You!

Test​

This is still happening when I try to post with size and fonts? To add these I have to type the tags around the text.
The bold, and
centering​
work OK.
color Works some times? and some time it doesn't?? :confused:

The size & font does not work at all by selecting (high lighting) text and than selecting either of these?

There are other forums now running same softwear.... and it does the same thing on them.
So what I'm asking Spark? Can this be looked into and fixed some way?
And IF not ? Can you let me know please?
Thank You!

Test​

Go here and scroll all the way down to "Message Editor Interface". Try changing your choice and see if that helps any.

Those are some really big names. Could you make mine glow neon-like? :D

Y'all complained about the names being too small. Should be plenty big now

I think my eyes are bleeding a little.

Back