1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW SOFTWARE & SERVER UPGRADE: Task List, bug reports, monitor this thread

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 1, 2011.

1. T.A.DAVISON

T.A.DAVISON Slip Joint Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 24, 2005
    :p

Thanks!

:confused: Still doing same thing? High light text, when I click color box. It drops down and text becomes unhigh lighted?:confused:

Uh? will have to see? Maybe it's cause of the quote? :confused:
    Will play with it some?.......:confused::)

High lighted your quote - and did the bold - it worked????

No color or text or size?

2. tyme

tyme

Jan 31, 2004
    It looks like performance regressed significantly about three days ago. No sphinx anymore?

3. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    One thing I've noticed sometimes:

I highlight text, click on Bold, and the highlighting vanishes, then I click on Color and Size -- and Bold, Color, and Size all work anyway. It remembers I highlighted it even if it doesn't show all through the process.

4. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Sphinx is still being used?

5. tyme

tyme

Jan 31, 2004
    I was just thinking that might be it. Was there anything else that changed late Sunday night that could have slowed the the site down?

6. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Possibly scheduled maintenance. Or log rotation. Or something dumb on our end

7. postfallsidaho

postfallsidaho

Oct 11, 2008
    Hi Spark,

Thank you!! :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  8. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Spark,

If this has already been addressed, then I apologize... But is there any way to increase the max size for images? Seems that the maximum size looks set at around 800x600. I'm guessing this is set to keep the tables from breaking, but 1000 vertically and around 1200 horizontally usually doesn't either, IIRC.

Could we mebbe try a max of 1000x1000? I miss the details usually seen in larger pix. :)

9. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    I use my UserCP to access all my subscribed forums. It used to be a notably-sized button right where they now have: "Home, Forums, Blogs, etc..."

Now it's called 'Settings' and it a small text block in the farthest upper right.

For such a useful and commonly accessed feature, it sure would be great to have it back on that menu again. :)

Also: Always wishing for larger usernames, like it used to have.

Thanks for the considerations,

Coop

10. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Usernames size is a setting that is apparently broken in the forums styles setting (something I didn't do for once). It should be fixed in a later release.

I can't put every single link on the user CP as a separate link on the navbar. You could bookmark the user cp on your browser?

11. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Excellent. We'd all enjoy this when patched. Thanks.

Of course I already have BF on my navbar. That's way up on top. :)

I'm a bit confused: if you created a single button on that menu bar with JUST this link:

h**p://www.bladeforums.com/forums/usercp.php

...it would address the same area and link to the User CP with all that accessible. Just create a duplicate 'Settings' button on there?

I know it's piddling, but that's how it was before, I got nicely used to it and prioritizing 'Blogs' and 'What's New' up there has me scratching my head. :D

Thank you for your consistent work. I know you are getting it from all directions.

Coop

12. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    Jerzeedevil just switched to the new software, and they have the Names and titles different sizes. It should be possible here.

13. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Looks like they are using the vertical postbit templates as well. I'll do some testing.

14. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Found a solution on vbulletin. Still a known bug, but it's fixed now.

15. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Woah. Names are huuuuuge.

16. T.A.DAVISON

T.A.DAVISON Slip Joint Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 24, 2005
    This is still happening when I try to post with size and fonts? To add these I have to type the tags around the text.
    The bold, and
    centering​
    work OK.
    color Works some times? and some time it doesn't?? :confused:

The size & font does not work at all by selecting (high lighting) text and than selecting either of these?

There are other forums now running same softwear.... and it does the same thing on them.
    So what I'm asking Spark? Can this be looked into and fixed some way?
    And IF not ? Can you let me know please?
    Thank You!

Test​

17. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Go here and scroll all the way down to "Message Editor Interface". Try changing your choice and see if that helps any.

18. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    Those are some really big names. Could you make mine glow neon-like? :D

19. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Y'all complained about the names being too small. Should be plenty big now

20. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    I think my eyes are bleeding a little.