New stuff from Kershaw

Still waiting on the re-release of the Military Boot Knife- I have wanted one since the '80's & iirc they were retailing for close to $100.00 then. I believe it's being made in Asia somewhere as opposed to the originals that were made in Germany.

Bingo. That would be the one. Didn't think they were out already.
You're the man Esav! (even though your post is gonna cost me about $45.00) :D
Thanks!
Mike

Sweet!

just checked their site & couldn't find it listed.

I've got a friend just outside of Tulsa, I'll ask her to stick her head in there the next time she goes into OKC.
Thx Fudo! (wanna make a few bucks?) ;)
mike

Dexter,
Can you post some pic's of the new Ken Onion/Frank Centofante folder??
Thanks!!

Blades

on_cent.jpg

It's the Model #1610 (red alum handle) and #1615 (boron handle).

I've seen them right around the $55 - $60 range (#1610) and $60 - $70 range (#1615).

I haven't found a place that has them in stock (estimated delivery Dec 04 ;) ).

Here are the spec's:

Blade length 2 1/4"
Closed length 3 1/8"
OAL 5 3/8"
Weight 2.4oz.

me want clad blade...soon... :eek:
That looks very sweet!
G2

Gary. . .as soon as I say that blade. . .I knew that it would draw your interest. :D

Blade material is 440A. . .

The #1615 scales are Tungsten DLC coated 410 stainless steel, whereas the #1610 scales are 6061-T6 anodized aluminum.

Nice knife. . .but with a 2.25" blade. . .it's a little too small for my taste. I was praying for at least a 3" or 3.25" blade. :(

At least it's a "SpeedSafe." :D

this looks to be another winner from kershaw. And it coming out in Dec means I have plenty of time to work it into my budget

Hi everybody! :D I already have a Chive, a Leek, a Scallion, a Blur, a Blackout, an Avalanche & a Vertigo (fixed). I have to say that I hate you people (just kidding!) because of your posts, you'll cause me to spend losts of money! Hahahaha ;) In fact, I saw models like the Bump & the Whisper (they are far away from my budget) :( , but I have a wish (if some of Kershaw brains check this posts out): a folder knife with Speed-Safe system, with G-10 scales, the blade design based on a "Blur/Storm/Scallion mix" (I like the shape) made of S30V, & if you want to add some other details (titanium liners, for example) you have a customer!

Kershaw has just released a Mini-Boa. It has a 2" blade of 440A, and anodized aluminum handles. What's unique about the scales is that the torsion bar is exposed. Pretty cool looking little knife. About the size of a Scallion.

Ken

Rugger said:
Still waiting on the re-release of the Military Boot Knife- I have wanted one since the '80's & iirc they were retailing for close to $100.00 then. I believe it's being made in Asia somewhere as opposed to the originals that were made in Germany.

An amusing little anecdote (at least, to me) about the boot knife:
When I was a kid I used to camp every summer in Julian, CA. On our way in or out of the town I'd always contrive a reason why we needed to stop in the town proper (generally something to do with the soda fountain). A little way down from the soda fountain/general store was/is a knife store. It was at this knife store that I first caught a glimpse of a Kershaw Mil Boot Knife. Now, by the time I was old enough to be earning money by being a counsellor at the camp, the knife was gone, and presumably out of circulation. Many years later (in fact only a few years ago) I emailed Kershaw asking what ever became of the knife. The woman who politely answered my email hadn't heard of the knife and could find any archived samples of it.
Then, this past weekend while in Vegas I picked up a copy of Tactical Knives and what do I find, but that it's been re-issued.

:)

I am one happy camper.

Esav, thanks for the link.

Cheers,
B.

Back