New Terminology: Regular Carry Rotation

All of this makes my head hurt. :confused: First I find out I have been using the term EDC incorrectly because I carry a different knife every day (although if you generalize it as in my EDC is a knife, flashlight, and multitool) then it works IMO. Then I find out I have been using the term acronym incorrectly all these years. I will now go and perform seppuku with my Squirt PS4.

Regular Carry Rotation is a splendid idea Stabman, I like it. :thumbup:

I EDC a knife. That means a knife is part of my everyday carry. To me, it doesn't have to mean a particular knife. I don't wear the same clothes everyday, and I don't go to the same places everyday. I might not even use the same car everyday. So why should I have the same knife everyday?

Fair enough... :thumbup:

What about NeveryDayCarry (NDC)? Ya know, for those knives that never get carried but you love oh so much. ;):rolleyes::D

Last edited:
I also like the term "user" it's just one more letter, and it says everything people need to know. I don't keep it on a pillow in a safe, I use this one.

User is a word, so that's a step in the right direction. However, wouldn't a user be the one using the item?

User is a word, so that's a step in the right direction. However, wouldn't a user be the one using the item?

Annnnnnnd back to the niggling.

So RCR it is!
Totally official now. ;)

(RCR can be said just like VCR, DVD, and a bunch of other things people often say)

Meh. I just call it my knife. Of course that doesn't sound as cool as calling it an EDC or RCR.

None of these are acronyms. Acronyms spell out a pronounceable word, like SCUBA or NATO.

These are all just initialisms.

Indeed...........:

ac·ro·nym noun \ˈa-krə-ˌnim\ : a word formed from the first letters of each one of the words in a phrase

Full Definition of ACRONYM
: a word (as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; also : an abbreviation (as FBI) formed from initial letters : initialism
— ac·ro·nym·ic \ˌa-krə-ˈni-mik\ adjective
— ac·ro·nym·i·cal·ly \-mi-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

»
Examples of ACRONYM
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is known by the acronym “NATO.”

I still tend to see EDC both ways. As in, the item/s is/are suitable/useful for EDC. Or, "This is my EDC....an example of my EDC..." etc. etc.

It works for me. :thumbup:

I once RCRed a...........

I've been RCRing.........

I RCRly carried the wrong knife today.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Corbis-42-26457712.jpg

:D

I've got a question: What happens when your EDC is really a RCR custom knife made by RCR knives that you happen to be RCRing as an EDC that week? :confused: :D

As someone who shakes his head at incorrect use of "EDC", I like this "RCR" or something like "TC" (today's carry) or "FC" (frequent carry), etc.

I nominate Stabman for Subforum Representative!

If you ever wished something horrible would happen to NAMBLA, buy my book...you'll enjoy that part for sure. ;)

They should all be neutered with a jagged, dull, rusty farm implement... Then put under the space shuttle in a big cage during a launch!

I know my opinion counts for zilch...but to the OP...fantastic idea! I never commented on it, but always got a kick outta how often edc is used when the majority of ppl here seem to not carry the same knife daily. Totally understandable with so many options available to us. I've just always admired ppl that carry one knife for decades.

What about...

PQR: Pocket Queen Rotation

Or

SCOR: String Cutting Only Rotation

What about...

Or

Pocket queen.... Hmmm.... Isn't that one of those things they sell at adult stores that resemble..... Ummm, never mind....

What about...

Or

LOL :D

How about: SCORE: String Cutting Only Rotation Every-now-and-then? :D

Example: I SCOREed today........:D

As much as I like the idea of carrying one knife every day (and wonder if people without the disposable income wish they had our freedom to "rotate" between multiple knives), I think regular carry rotation hits the nail right in the head for me. Very nice

As much as I like the idea of carrying one knife every day (and wonder if people without the disposable income wish they had our freedom to "rotate" between multiple knives), I think regular carry rotation hits the nail right in the head for me. Very nice

No, didn't even think about it back in the day. Had an EDC stockman which did everything. Food on the table, a roof over head, wife & kids were more of a concern. A knife was like a pair of work shoes, you wear them everyday without giving them much thought or care.

Back