Next trending blade shape

Not at all. From "Sunday go-to-meetin'" knives to gentlemen's knives to William Henrys there has always been practical functional knives that are special, fancy, "man jewelry."

The trends like "cleaver bladed folders" you get when tool design transitions to bad tool design for people who don't care.

Big difference.

Man jewelry? Jigged mother of pearl? Yes.
Excellent tool design? A peanut? Yes.
Some may call tactical knives their jewelry, I know I do, I don't wear traditional jewelry of any kind. My tactical knife is my "precious".

Some may call tactical knives their jewelry, I know I do, I don't wear traditional jewelry of any kind. My tactical knife is my "precious".

I love that "my precious" thing! Still would like to know what knife it is!

Did a little poking around and found another guy who calls his knives "precious" too!

I'm always sad when I sell one but then another precious catches my eye and so the cycle continues. My current user Dpx hest F will never go away though.

I hope compound ground tantos become a bigger trend. A (well-done) compound ground tanto has a strong tip and a thin and slicy belly, and the additional point can be useful for EDC.

I love that "my precious" thing! Still would like to know what knife it is!

Did a little poking around and found another guy who calls his knives "precious" too!
Lol that's precious. Someone was talking LOTR elsewhere and it stuck in my feeble brain. Whatever knife I'm carrying around is my precious, today I'm lugging a cold steel 4 max to try out. It's a bit big for my tastes. Yesterday was a William Henry, too fancy. Tomorrow who knows, to infinity and beyond.

I hear the fully serrated hawk bill with a swedge is the next big thing.

I find myself being one of the people wanting a pocket cleaver. I don't think they would be any more useless than some sheepsfoot blades I've seen, or at least knives labeled as such. Perhaps I'm just trying to reconcile wanting a less than practical knife. The spyderco version sure does call to me though. I can see used for it at work.

I work in the jewelry industry. "Man jewelry" has a different meaning to me. It's a item that has no other use than to look pretty in a manly sort of way. Watches, knives & etc, have a function first before looking pretty so those don't count to me. A pretty knifes' first function is a knife. A pretty watch started as a watch before being bedazzled. "Man jewelry" is just jewelry that is more manly is some way, shape or form. When a knife is more jewelry than function, it's leaning more towards uselessness than usefulness.

But what do I know...

CQSipMu.gif

I want a real sheep's foot with a straight edge or not at all.
A sheep's foot with some belly to it is what you get with a cheap crappy stockman that was poorly groun.

Interesting topic. I have noticed that what was old is new again. Such as a resurgence of traditional blade shapes, nessmuk, Kephart, sheepsfoot.

Interesting topic. I have noticed that what was old is new again. Such as a resurgence of traditional blade shapes, nessmuk, Kephart, sheepsfoot.
And so is the nature of the knife world or like the famous shows. As the knife world turns and The knives of our lives.

Lol that's precious. Someone was talking LOTR elsewhere and it stuck in my feeble brain. Whatever knife I'm carrying around is my precious, today I'm lugging a cold steel 4 max to try out. It's a bit big for my tastes. Yesterday was a William Henry, too fancy. Tomorrow who knows, to infinity and beyond.

Precious nothing! Wait until you see this! It's freaky!

Not only do you and this dirtvictim guy call your knives "precious" but you also love Hattori knives and have the same Randalls!

SD4uHGg.png

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/why-do-i-hate-cold-steel.1553526/page-13#post-18075927

UGQ0JxF.png

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/is-this-randall-knife-fake.1640299/#post-18754937

GfUVW8V.png

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...l-you-had-them-in-hand.1639083/#post-18741775

And wait...next post....I blow your mind....

Before you posted your follow up those read as the same person and if you search for dirtvictim you find a post where someone says that airman007 is dirtvictim but nothing is really commented on in that. If you look dirtvictim vanished in May of 2018 and airman007 joined in Dec of 2018.

Back