Nick Wheeler Prototype Fighter. "Oh YEA "......

Are there going to be more of these available? They are gorgeous, I love the design!

TJ, you should contact Nick about possible availability. As stated earlier in this thread, Nick forged several blades more than the original 10-run--don't know if any remain unclaimed.

I know of at least one more in the works...available? not so much. ;)

attachment.php

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I know these videos are almost too fast paced for you guys.... nearly too much excitement to handle at once!!! :eek: :p :foot:

But I'll never get my show on Discovery Channel if I don't keep these things roll'n ;) :D

[video=youtube;QguLGtn4eIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguLGtn4eIM[/video]

Hey Nick

thanks for part 2 of the video - I think it shows what most folks wanted to know!

Nice piece of Koa for that handle too ...:cool:

I also noticed that first blade in the video...looks like it might be a ladder pattern fighter...or something.....:p

Rock on!

Bill

HaHa Bill!!!! :D I wish I had a ladder pattern blade that far along! ;) :D

It's actually a big 'ol W's bowie blade that I just haven't had the "free time" to finish yet. I better hurry up if I want it to have a chance in Roger's BB thread. :foot: :p :D

edited: DOH!!!! You said first video. That's Will's differentially hardened blade... almost ready to etch/polish/etch/polish/etch/polish- (repeat).... that one. ;) :)

Naw, you were right Nick - I meant "first blade in the second video"....but as I look back I was not very clear :p

Will's knife is looking very sweet thus far....

Bill

It's actually a big 'ol W's bowie blade that I just haven't had the "free time" to finish yet. I better hurry up if I want it to have a chance in Roger's BB thread. :foot: :p :D

That W's piece would make a fine addition. It will be most cool to have multiple pieces from you entered this year. For sure Paranee fighter will be there.

Roger

That W's piece would make a fine addition. It will be most cool to have multiple pieces from you entered this year. For sure Paranee fighter will be there.

Roger

I've referred to the knife/design as the "Paranee fighter" several times, also--not as colorful as some names suggested here, but the most definitive. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how this one is remembered. Fitting too, I think.

Nick, you're killin' me man! CanNOT wait. Great vids and fun stuff. :thumbup:

Now it's finally clean and ready for etch/polish/etch/polish/etc ;)

[video=youtube;9scj8bgwN70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scj8bgwN70[/video]

Hope my amateur photography does not offend Nick, Paul or Joe. I had to share, the knife and sheath or excellent.
Thanks guys, Greg

#10.jpg

Greg so glad u like the knife and it got there safe

Hope it gives u many years of enjoyment and keeps u safe :)

Nick that last video is great but the songs a little gay

will you dance with me to that tune ? :)

Last edited:
Great looking package, Greg. :thumbup: Please keep us posted with updates as the micarta color seasons.

Joe--Let the poor guy be--you're going to make Angi jealous. :p

Wheeler Productions is proud to bring you another fast paced video with Hawt Carz and Fast Womenz!!! ;) :p :D

[video=youtube;7WGU7dV2k8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7WGU7dV2k8Q[/video]

Great idea with the heat gun Nick. I just always heated the blade under hot water... Think I'll use your method..

Wow that video shows what a hack I am :)

I do everything the same heat gun and all but I use ferrul chloride and the blade turns black then I flits the he'll out. Of it and I wonder why I don't get that beautiful art polish finish that u get :)

I get the more Shiva Ki look :) not to refined

All kidding aside Nick you truly are an artist

My feeble attempts

791c2e35.jpg

70192b33.jpg

Before
ShivaKi002.jpg

After
ShivaKi007.jpg

Don't be so hard on yourself Joe, I think yours turned out great! And mine are really ugly near the middle of the game... :) Here is Will's blade after 5 etch and polish cycles... but before getting the oxides polished off.

***Edited to say, the oxides have been polished off between each etch... but not after the 5th etch I did right before taking this quick video.*** :)

[video=youtube;NrtEZe0S7DY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrtEZe0S7DY[/video]

Last edited:
Your blades look good Joe. Flitz though won't really bring out the white wispy parts. Loose abrasive powder will change the dark parts on the hamon boundary white. You can get 1200x rock polish on ebay. Try it...:)

Thanks Stuart

Would that be what is commonly referred to as rotten stone ?

Last edited:
Back