1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No love for the large 25?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Dogdrawz, Nov 5, 2018.

1. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    :mad:.... :p

tuica and BellaBlades like this.
  2. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz

Aug 15, 2016
    I've received my 25 & I like it! Dang it, now I really need to purchase another Inkosi to compare.

Thanks to all for your responses!

Ajack60, BellaBlades and tuica like this.
  3. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Where's the pic ? Ya big tease :p

4. ZT0620OWNER

ZT0620OWNER

May 12, 2018
    I prefer the 25 to the Inkosi. I like the stop pin arrangement better with it being locked in with a screw on each side as opposed to floating. I prefer as many points of attachment of the scales as I can get and the 25 has 2 instead of the inkosi's 1. I also may be in the minority here but the clip on my 25 has never bothered me or created any hot spots. In fact it sits in my pocket better and closer to the pocket seam which creates more room for my mitts when I am playing pocket pool. LOL I also like how it applies a little lockbar tension as it prefer to set my opening and closing to a smoother more hydraulic feel then drop shut. I don't agree with most that it is harder to disassemble then the inkosi. I found the technique of rotating the scale off from the back to be the easiest way to disassemble/reassemble. To me the 25 is exactly what I always wanted in the 21 (larger pivot, finger scallops, ceramic ball lock face/detent, no manufacturing hole). I guess it is just preference.

kniferbro likes this.
  5. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz

Aug 15, 2016
    Here she is...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:19 PM
    Ajack60 likes this.
  6. DBH

DBH

Aug 3, 2001
    I am a fan of the 25 as well. If I am not carrying a large 21 insingo, the 25 is with me.

7. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz

Aug 15, 2016
    Well it's time for blade replacement. Off to CRK. Hello $167.50 bill. Time to sell more knives!

8. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    There's still plenty of life left in that blade. Why not use it as is for a bit and at least get some use out of it before sinking more money into it ?

9. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz

Aug 15, 2016
    You are completely right. Take that $$$ & start looking for another CRK! So it is written & so shall it be done!

Ajack60 likes this.