No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bar Shed is amazing!!!

So were cocktails in the pool. Twice.

Made a "boilermaker" with yuengling Porter and kraken dark roast coffee rum.
Sounds like something that would give me the screaming shits for at least 3 days straight.

That sounds good. :thumbsup:

My go to poolsider is a fresh mojito.

Can't go wrong with that either. I have So. Much. Mint. Really don't know what to do with it. I'll make bagged mint tea sometimes. Crushing up my dried lawn weeds just seems like a lot more work.

I think I'm going fishing this season, made a reservation. Definitely this season. ;)
k7S5p2I.jpg

Thanks guys. The (aptly named) Ram Falls sits at around 5000’. We’ve had a metric sh*t ton of rain this past month; that’s the most water I’ve seen going over those falls. Also explains why the water looks like chocolate milk; it’s usually back to a nice greenish color by July. Still a good spot to pack in a coffee and a sammich.

Port Charlotte "heavy peated" islay whisky -- they're not kidding.
this is the lapsang souchong of single malt scotch.
scary thing is that the distillery makes one with 6+ times as much smoke as well.

Port Charlotte "heavy peated" islay whisky -- they're not kidding.
this is the lapsang souchong of single malt scotch.
scary thing is that the distillery makes one with 6+ times as much smoke as well.

Thank you for reminding me that it's time for a shower and a drink!

Im considering a camp shovel as i was recently shown the value at camp this past weekend. Any recommendations? Small foldable. Considering multi-use/function but not so much to be gimmicky.

I didnt want to start a thread on this since its not becker related so i figured i would ask here. Not to mention, beckerheads have more merit to their opinions than general forum.

If you just want a simple folding shovel the military issue shovels are pretty good. Glock has a basic shovel that I hear is decent. Sog and Gerber also offer pretty basic folding shovels that get decent reviews. You can get into shovels with longer handle add ons and picks and knives hidden in handle etc ... the only other tool I find handy is a pick or mattock type tools I carry a small one when i camp along with an old military type folding shovel they do anything I need.

What I use looks similar to something like this ... US GI Military Issue E-Tool Entrenching Shovel

I have two military issued entrenching shovel. I’ve kept one in my car for over 20 years. It’s been very useful. :thumbsup:

Im considering a camp shovel as i was recently shown the value at camp this past weekend. Any recommendations? Small foldable. Considering multi-use/function but not so much to be gimmicky.

I didnt want to start a thread on this since its not becker related so i figured i would ask here. Not to mention, beckerheads have more merit to their opinions than general forum.

It would depend on your budget, but in my opinion the Glock folding shovel is the best one I've found, it's not incredibly small (size of a standard E-tool) but the polymer handle is so much lighter than the E-tool's metal handle, and it has just as many options for use as the e-tool. Also comes with a saw blade inside the hollow handle that can be inverted and stuck to the end of the handle, I don't ever use that part but it's a decent saw for being hidden in the shovel handle. The saw does also help with locking/unlocking the handle to fold/unfold it, as that is a rather stiff action.

nsNeRXr.jpg

E7npL2g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back