• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

I have contacted NK by fb, email and by phone and no reply.
Has anyone heard from them?
rolf

I have contacted NK by fb, email and by phone and no reply.
Has anyone heard from them?
rolf

Its a shame when we must resort to multiple means of tracking down a knifemaker that we have spent large sums of money with (my carry brand included).
I could see keeping around a large tanto in coated 3v, and I like some of these guys designs but I dont know if I am that willing to put in this much work to have one.
Best of luck guys.

Still waiting. . .

I put a deposit down September of 14. Paid balance February of 15. Still waiting on a folder and a fixed blade. Last time I heard from them was November 18. Told me they'd be done for Christmas. Couple other guys on Instagram are in the same boat. A whole month with no reply of any kind via email/fb/instagram. Idk what to think right now. Hope everything is well with them but would really love to know what's going on.

This is my first from the maker custom knife purchase so I didn't know what to expect but this certainly wasn't it.

I put a deposit down September of 14. Paid balance February of 15. Still waiting on a folder and a fixed blade. Last time I heard from them was November 18. Told me they'd be done for Christmas. Couple other guys on Instagram are in the same boat. A whole month with no reply of any kind via email/fb/instagram. Idk what to think right now. Hope everything is well with them but would really love to know what's going on.

This is my first from the maker custom knife purchase so I didn't know what to expect but this certainly wasn't it.

Mine either...

Why does stuff always happen and comms only go down after the money is paid and before the knives get shipped...?

It's uncanny.

Every single time John. Wouldn't it be refreshing if a maker refused money because of family probs, health probs, marital probs...........????????
Never happen.

Why does stuff always happen and comms only go down after the money is paid and before the knives get shipped...?

It's uncanny.

Is this normal in the knife world? I've only purchased a few high ends used never direct from maker. If it is fairly normal I think I'll just stick to guns lol

Every single time John. Wouldn't it be refreshing if a maker refused money because of family probs, health probs, marital probs...........????????
Never happen.

Still laughing at the mental picture...thanks for that!

Is this normal in the knife world? I've only purchased a few high ends used never direct from maker. If it is fairly normal I think I'll just stick to guns lol

Not really but there are very predictable responses that seem to get used by those knifemakers who generate the most complaints. When they need your cash their email works, they can get to the bank, their health is great, PayPal is their best friend, their supply cabinets are full, their phone lines are never disconnected or busy, and their marriages have never been stronger.

Only once they've got your money does something terrible always seems to happen. It's a mystery...

There are honest makers out there. Just never pay upfront. If you do, never pay more then you are willing to walk away from with no hard feelings

"Just never pay upfront."

When the knife is "done," everyone expects you to pay before the knife is sent. Then you may, or may not, get the knife.

Isn't the problem:

1) paying so far in advance that by the time you see you are being screwed it's too late to contest the credit card charges ; OR

2) paying in advance of receipt of the knife by a means that cannot be contested?

Not really but there are very predictable responses that seem to get used by those knifemakers who generate the most complaints. When they need your cash their email works, they can get to the bank, their health is great, PayPal is their best friend, their supply cabinets are full, their phone lines are never disconnected or busy, and their marriages have never been stronger.

Only once they've got your money does something terrible always seems to happen. It's a mystery...

There are a lot of honest makers that would never take money up front unless you want an exotic material they have to order.

I really think there are way to many makers that see people as their personal bank and money loaning source, as a maker I hate it. Once a maker slips the communications always drop off and some health or emergency happens, then all their fanboys stick up for them and bash anyone that complains..... until those fanboys get ripped off too.

I wish more people would speak up and post their experience with these makers.

I and a couple maker friends have refused some pretty big offers, with people willing to pay thousands up front for an order because we did not want that type of stress and responsibility, because things do happen. You don't want to jeopardize your reputation for a quick buck.

I've seen nocturnal respond with promises and then disappear seemingly not keeping up their end. Do the right thing and return the people's money or give them their knives on time. I will make sure I never do business with these guys.

*Also, I wouldn't call something handmade when I assume you have vendors machining things for you, as your post suggest. There are some of us who really do make handmade folders without automation, i.e. Waterjet, edm and CNC. I'm not saying anything is wrong with using those methods, just don't call it handmade.

There are a lot of honest makers that would never take money up front unless you want an exotic material they have to order.

I really think there are way to many makers that see people as their personal bank and money loaning source, as a maker I hate it. Once a maker slips the communications always drop off and some health or emergency happens, then all their fanboys stick up for them and bash anyone that complains..... until those fanboys get ripped off too.

I wish more people would speak up and post their experience with these makers.

I and a couple maker friends have refused some pretty big offers, with people willing to pay thousands up front for an order because we did not want that type of stress and responsibility, because things do happen. You don't want to jeopardize your reputation for a quick buck.

I've seen nocturnal respond with promises and then disappear seemingly not keeping up their end. Do the right thing and return the people's money or give them their knives on time. I will make sure I never do business with these guys.

See that's the thing. I couldn't find any sort of reviews before I paid but I saw a huge presence and seemingly good things on Instagram. Really sucks to see the real side of things.

See that's the thing. I couldn't find any sort of reviews before I paid but I saw a huge presence and seemingly good things on Instagram. Really sucks to see the real side of things.

Sorry to hear that man, what you saw was social media sycophants that have no clue what a maker is up to out how they treat customers. There are some that will defend makers that even admit to stealing money because they are oblivious fanboys.

There are a lot of good makers man, don't get discouraged. If you get a date and paid, hold them to it or call the credit card company.

Last edited:
Check their instagram account. Last night Gene posted a picture and long comment and commented to other comments left. They are working diligently to get knives out. Almost there!

Back