Not a flame, but Why is a Sebi better than my Mil?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nimrod:
Me and the boys who ride Harleys together have a saying, "If I had to explain it to you, you probably wouldn't understand."</font>

I agree ... you must own both and learn why some people love the Sebenza. Great analogy.

I own a bunch of folders, production and custom, but if I were going backpacking/camping, etc... I'd very likely take my Sebenza for durability reasons (Kit Carson does a bang-up job also).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jki:
I have to say that the Benchmades are not very consistent at all in quality of manufacture...

Sebenzas are consistently as flawless in manufacturing as any knife on the planet.
...CRK customer service is at the highest level, bar none.

Are true customs any better than the Sebenzas? In my opinion, no - not in terms of flawless construction, materials, or consistency. Flawless is flawless.
Where customs are better than Sebenzas are in matters of choice: design and materials.

But I have purchased knives from some of the top custom makers in the world, and their execution in manufacture is no better than a CRK! And many times the custom maker's customer service/customer relations leaves much to be desired.

But I cannot argue with you if you find a custom maker that can make a knife to your specification with your choice of materials and design, and build it to perfection, and give you superb after sales service. If you can find all that in a custom knife, then go for it!
</font>

Excerpts from a post that rings very true in all of my experience. I own a bunch (20 maybe) custom folders and a bunch of custom fixed blades (40?). And I've handled hundreds and hundreds of knives at shows.

Chris is equipped to provide tremendous consistency and quality at a good price. You would have to spend way into the thousands to get any subtly better precision and to also get customization (Ron Lake and Michael Walker come to mind, but I'll tell ya, Kit Carson is damn near Chris' in terms of precision and has more versatility at only a slight price premium!).

I have both and which do I carry?

The Military.

Lighter, better steel,easier to open one handed.

Otherwise a BM750 or my LCC

The Sebi is for the times when ONE knife will have to do everything. A real nice knife, but overkill for daily work. A masterpiece of metal.

1 Sebi or 3 Militaries?

If I am honest I would buy the Forum Military, a plain and a serrated model rather than a Sebi. However a Sebi is a knife a KnifeKnut must own at some point.

I am soooo cheap
wink.gif

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!
Founding president and member number 1! Wana join?

Back