Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Usually, it’s a Smock or Bugout in my pocket.

It varies for me day by day. I always have a SAK of some flavor in my pocket though. I'll supplement that SAK with a big folder.

I know you said you don’t want a folder, but I thought I’d show you this bad boy. It’s a chunker and has thick scales. That said, I’m not sure if your fingers would fit without being squeezed a bit.
48B9BEC1-4C27-4F05-8936-53062F1BB62F.jpeg 8D14683E-4C64-4123-8836-5B5456C964B4.jpeg F736297F-0E2A-481D-8CC5-65751009E90B.jpeg

Run into the window?

Sure did.

The feeder was super busy. My girlfriend had her phone up against the window taking a picture of the red-bellied woodpecker, and this little guy whacked right into the glass where she was standing. In fact, you can see his(?) blurred approach in the woodpecker photo!

Hmm, $100 fixed blade. For man-hands. Hmmm.

I keep eyeballing camp cookers, but, I just don't get out camping anymore.

I keep a Buck 119 in my toolbox at work, but it's only for cutting sandwitches and such. Then there is a big Boker folder in there just for fun. Maybe I should keep a BK in the rotation as well... :rolleyes:
There is an Estwing camp hatchet in there for some reason, never had a use for it at work yet. So many tools ...

The Warrior The Warrior , it’s hard for me to make a suggestion as your giant mitts are legendary.

Just looked at Amazon to see what’s available under $100. I’m still eyeballing KA-BAR’s modified tanto. Also, people seem to either love or hate their handles but, the potbelly and the parangatang are available. I think the parangatang is awesome. :thumbsup:

The Warrior The Warrior , it’s hard for me to make a suggestion as your giant mitts are legendary.

Just looked at Amazon to see what’s available under $100. I’m still eyeballing KA-BAR’s modified tanto. Also, people seem to either love or hate their handles but, the potbelly and the parangatang are available. I think the parangatang is awesome. :thumbsup:
If the handle is too short for my hand, without contours, it'll usually work for me. In other words, a straight handle. I've had my eye out on a Condor Otzi for some time, but I know I wouldn't use it. Even if I did, I feel $55 is too much for that knife. That's what I don't like about Condor, I feel they charge too much for knives that seem to have quality issues. It's like they were cheapish one day, then the next they decided their knives were great, and started charging way too much. I've had several Condor knives, and some were quite good, but overall, I still think they charge too much. I also was interested in a Condor Daikaiju, but they stopped making them. Charged too much anywhos.

I really like my Ontario cerberus fixed blade. If i recall, seeing as im out of town, im fairly sure that theres plenty of handle left over when i use it. But with the style of handle, you can choke up on the blade and still keep your knuckles off the table. Youll have money left over if buying from where you plan.

MTech QC generally isn't the best, but apparently this particular model (I think it's the 121) has a cult-like following because it's supposedly that good of a copy.

Anyone ever heard of the made in Spain brand Joker? I've seen a few of them at BCUSA. They look nice, but not sure of the quality. The zon has them, but not too many reviews.

I am sorry about the loss of both of your parents so recently. I hope your fortune changes and that 2021 bestows many blessings on you and your family.
Thanks. Been a bonus crappy 2020. I can't wait for 2021 to get here.

$100, but has to come from the zon. Half of that is a gift card. I actually thought about a one man tent, as I get the urge to go bicycle camping sometimes, but am afraid it would sit there and do nothing.

Have you thought about a quality tarp? I think you live north of the fire ant zone.

Anyone ever heard of the made in Spain brand Joker? I've seen a few of them at BCUSA. They look nice, but not sure of the quality. The zon has them, but not too many reviews.

I had plans to pick one up awhile back but went out of stock at the price i was looking at.

What style of knives interest you these days?

What style of knives interest you these days?
Fixie, obviously. :D Beyond that, I really have nothing in mind. I entertained the thought of another BK10, but I see no need to get another to sell, haha.

Tbh, I'll probably end up getting a one man tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back