Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dubz closed the i'm back thread as it was starting to spiral down a political hole.
last I heard, his O2 sats were beginning to be a bit unstable and he was heading back to the doc.
I'm hoping he's off-line because of the weather or holiday related family stuff, not illness.

What vik said. Doc still wants me to stay home because my oxygen levels won't stabilize. I'm pretty much on oxygen 24/7 again. A few weeks ago, my numbers were pretty well stabilizing at 94-95%. I mean, as soon as I turned the oximeter on, it went right to those numbers. Now, when I fire the oximeter up, it may start in the area of 88-90, go up to 92 for a few minutes, then jump up as high as 99%, then drop down to 93-94%. Weird. The hospital nurse told me Friday it may because of all the crap in my lungs. Just her thought, as she's not a doctor. Been indoors nearly six weeks. Getting old.

I thought I'd check and see how Dubz is doing now ... but his "I'm back" thread is locked ... anyone know if he's getting back to normal?

I got tested this morning but won't have the results for a few days. I don't feel too bad, just like I have a head cold. But yesterday I lost all sense of smell and taste so they recommended I get tested.
That's kinda how mine started. Cough on day 1, sleepy on day 2, then a loss of taste and smell on day 3. I too thought I was just getting a cold.

What vik said. Doc still wants me to stay home because my oxygen levels won't stabilize. I'm pretty much on oxygen 24/7 again. A few weeks ago, my numbers were pretty well stabilizing at 94-95%. I mean, as soon as I turned the oximeter on, it went right to those numbers. Now, when I fire the oximeter up, it may start in the area of 88-90, go up to 92 for a few minutes, then jump up as high as 99%, then drop down to 93-94%. Weird. The hospital nurse told me Friday it may because of all the crap in my lungs. Just her thought, as she's not a doctor. Been indoors nearly six weeks. Getting old.

Man I hate to hear that. It sounds like it just loves you so much it doesn't wanna let go. Like a PITA inlaw or aunt ... j/k!

That's kinda how mine started. Cough on day 1, sleepy on day 2, then a loss of taste and smell on day 3. I too thought I was just getting a cold.

Well I have been trying to figure out what day and where I may have caught it (if my test is positive when I get the results) and I think Monday is the only day I was around anyone close enough to catch it. I got a little stuffy like a cold Wed. and Thursday ... just figured it was a cold. And yesterday just before supper time ... they stole all my senses lol ... well tye eating ones anyway.

It's kinda crazy that my taste was ok Friday morning ... I never noticed not smelling stuff but by supper time last night I could have ate the stuff from the challenges on Fear Factor and breezed through it ... not one hint of taste. I can feel salt on my tongue or Coke fizz but no flavor. And I tested my ability to smell with a wax that has a strong orange citrus scent and I pick up zero.

They said get tested they would bet money that's what it is ... so I went and did that this morning. Now I'm quaratining in the basement away from others until I get the results. Praying I haven't brought it around them.

I still don't have my taste and smell back fully. Some things I can taste, some I can't. Same with smell.

I sure hope it lets go of ya soon Dubz! I know it has hung onto lots of people for longer than they would like for sure. I hope you can get back to work and life soon man.

If this taking my senses is the worst I get I guess I'll have been lucky. It's real annoying but I haven't felt too bad yet at least. And still waiting it may come back negative ... but they told me I should just plan that I have it cause if my test was negative they were doing it again ... because I would have gotten a false negative test. I guess taste and smell are their best symptoms or tools to diagnose this. smh

I still don't have my taste and smell back fully. Some things I can taste, some I can't. Same with smell.

Heard a few other say they still can't taste thing right a month later. It seems weird to me two days but I bet it gets worse if you have it long.

Same here. Taste is quite alright but smell is at 40-50% of what it should be, maybe?
Had it mid October. It's the last remnant of that unpleasant time I still experience. It doesn't bother me too much but it's annoying at times. Let me phrase that differently, it doesn't hinder me in my day to day routines or work at all, but it would be nice to smell the full complexity of a deliciously cooked meal again.

Looks like I broke it ... again.

Maybe with some verbiage like โ€œBeckerheads: Operation Survival 2020โ€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back