NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

clutchcarter
GT
Paul

Thanks for the kind words - very excited to get the one I did today with the sheepfoot secondary. These 85s are a bit addictive! :eek:

I agree with GT David...beautiful #85's:thumbup:

GT, I dabble @ whittling, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm more of a tree limb de-barker:eek:

Well, the de-barking is sure the most relaxing part of whittling for me. I also get some relaxation taking a branch with a circular cross-section and making it square, then octagonal, then back to round, then to triangular, then hexagonal, back to round, … Depending on the size of the branch, you can get a lot of these shape shifts before you're down to a toothpick. But whittling something recognizable starts to get a lot less relaxing for me; still fun, but more like work!

- GT

Well, the de-barking is sure the most relaxing part of whittling for me. I also get some relaxation taking a branch with a circular cross-section and making it square, then octagonal, then back to round, then to triangular, then hexagonal, back to round, … Depending on the size of the branch, you can get a lot of these shape shifts before you're down to a toothpick. But whittling something recognizable starts to get a lot less relaxing for me; still fun, but more like work!

- GT

LOL! I just stop when the bark is gone and use the de-barked branch to roast Marshmallows! :D

That's a winning pair, Jeff! :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

Thanks GT! It is amazing to me how different they are. The Northfield has very strong snap and solid lockup with the liner lock, I would not dream of pinching it open. The Tidioute on the other hand can be one hand pinch opened. No swedge helps as well. I am certainly enjoying the duo :)

Very nice placing, fine knives. Reminds me of Whale and her calf!

Thanks, Will

Thank you Will! I am very pleased with the size of the 33. The coping blades are pretty much identical in length. Still wishing for that surveyor ;)

A pair of Jacks - Both gifts from my daughter:)

16381076546_422e00c7f5_b.jpg

~ Ron

Splendid pair, Ron! :thumbup::thumbup:
Did your daughter pick those out herself? If so she has GREAT taste! :D:cool::cool:

- GT

Splendid pair, Ron! :thumbup::thumbup:
Did your daughter pick those out herself? If so she has GREAT taste! :D:cool::cool:

- GT

GT - Thanks for the compliment. The Red Bone was for my birthday and the Stag for Christmas.
As to my daughter picking these out herself, "That's her story and shes sticking to it!":D

~ Ron

Back