NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

A pair of Charlows

16332039716_ab14196e3a_b.jpg

~ Ron

Let it snow. I got all the supplies I need!
:D

16195430805_6235c887b8_c.jpg

Carl, I continue to admire and be amazed by your efforts at simplification! :thumbup::D
I'd be worried about food and water and toilet paper and flashlights and who knows what, but you just pare things down to the bare essentials!

- GT

I know Charlie has shown his pair in another thread I believe but thought I'd post these here.

Schrade NY USA WARREN1 and WARREN2 Tang stamped...Bolster pair stamped 0527.

2Fn9Ps.jpg

iuDYWo.jpg

IWiD7w.jpg

Here is some additional info on them off the paperwork that comes along with the set---which I don't have or the box:eek:

This is one of 1500 sets designed by and created exclusively for Warren Tool Co. Inc, Rhineback, NY, By Schrade Cutlery Corp, Ellenville, NY. These knives have matching serial numbers on nickel silver bolsters, with "NCM" struck on shields of nickel silver set in beautiful Rosewood handles. Both the Wharncliffe style blade (Warren #1) and the modified pen style blade (Warren #2) are of high carbon stool steel. Both styles of "True Whittlers" were designed not only to perpetuate whittling and carving as an art and craft, but also to encourage financial support of the proposed Educational Wing planned at the National Carvers Museum, Monument, Colorado.

Paul, those Schrade carvers are astounding!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Do you know when they were made? How did you even find out that such creatures existed?
Very cool! :cool:

- GT

Paul, those Schrade carvers are astounding!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Do you know when they were made? How did you even find out that such creatures existed?
Very cool! :cool:

- GT

Thanks GT, somewhere from 1973 to 2004 judging by the "NY" in the tang stamp. I had an un-numbered set before and regretted selling them so when these came up I grabbed them. I had actually stumbled across them years ago on the big auction site:thumbup:

Thanks GT, somewhere from 1973 to 2004 judging by the "NY" in the tang stamp. I had an un-numbered set before and regretted selling them so when these came up I grabbed them. I had actually stumbled across them years ago on the big auction site:thumbup:

Thanks for the info, Paul. I think I saw in some recent thread that you picked up an Oar Carver, too; that was also a beauty. Are you a whittler, or do you have a subcollection of "wood carving knives"? It's so cool (but probably impossible :eek: ) to try to figure out from the posts people make what their knife interests are. :)

- GT

+5K! Those EO teardrops are splendid, David, and I really like the "surprising" secondary blades! :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

I agree with GT David...beautiful #85's:thumbup:

GT, I dabble @ whittling, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm more of a tree limb de-barker:eek:

Back